twenty-three

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
( 𝘏𝘖𝘔𝘌. )

THE NEXT MORNING, everyone woke to the sound of the RV being started by Abraham

THE NEXT MORNING, everyone woke to the sound of the RV being started by Abraham. He had woken up bright and early to get everyone on the road to the community. All of them were nervous, even if they couldn't admit it. They had no clue what Alexandria would be like - what the people would be like. But they were ready for anything. They had to be. Most of them had piled into the RV save for Rick, Carl, Daryl, and Michonne, who chose to ride in the car following them. Murphy kept to herself, sitting by one of the windows. She watched the trees blur by, the sun shimmering through the branches and into her emerald eyes. She had just been able to block out the noise of Eugene and Tara arguing about whatever card game they had been playing when Noah walked up to her.

"Hey, Murphy?" He asked timidly.

Murphy broke out of her reverie and smiled up at him, "What's up, Noah?"

"Uh, Aaron's wrists look pretty bad... do you have anything I can give him?"

Murphy pulled her bag into her lap and shuffled through. She found the necessary container with only a few pills left. She handed it to him, "Naproxen. It should help with the pain and inflammation."

Noah nodded, gesturing to the pill bottle in his hands, "Thanks."

"No problem," Murphy muttered with a smile, leaning back in her seat. Noah walked to the back of the RV where Aaron and Eric were resting. She propped her knees up on the back of the seat in front of her, setting her chin in the palm of her hand as she turned her attention to outside the window once more. Carol sat beside her, and Murphy's eyes flicked across her face to observe the silent woman. She could tell that she was troubled.

"Carol," Murphy voiced, nudging her arm softly. Carol's bright blue eyes shot up to meet her green ones.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

Carol blinked, almost confused at her question. She furrowed her brows and shifted in her seat, responding shortly, "Nothing's wrong."

"You can tell me, you know. You can trust me," Murphy continued, softly. Her eyes shone with understanding, and Carol began to feel her walls breaking down a little bit at a time. With everything she had lost in the recent years, she didn't make the effort to open up to anyone. She thought it would bring more pain than help. But with Murphy, it was different. Carol could see the kind of person she was immediately. Murphy was the person who sat before her, making sure she was all right.

"Do you think this is going to work out? Do you really believe that?" Carol asked her, tightening her grip on the rifle that rested between her legs.