Chapter 2: Contract (I)

Sorry for the mistakes plz.

Third Person POV

"I will be very honest with you. I don't have slightest of idea why you invited us---it surprised me, really." It's after dinner, Sungjae and Hyungsik are in Hyungsik's study and Sungjae says this.

"I know it surprised you, it was clear in your voice when I called you." Hyungsik says, taps his finger in the desk softly.

"I need a favour from you." Hyungsik says right after, he doesn't sound hesitant or joking---he's serious and his expression tells that. Sungjae's eyes widen just a little because he hides his surprise right after and can't believe that a Jeon is asking for a favour.

"What would that be?" Sungjae speaks, confusion etches his voice.

"I've had many business partners for providing the accessories to my hotels but I'm not satisfied with any of them. Sooner or later, they show their true colours---I'm tired of it all." Hyungsik says.

"You want our company to provide you the materials?" Sungjae asks and Hyungsik smiles, nods then.

"We'll have a proper deal of course---you will be guaranteed that I won't use your company---". Sungjae narrows his eyes at Hyungsik when he says that.

"What if you do it like you did last time? What if you play me again." Sungjae says---knows he can't answer won't believe Hyungsik easily since he betrayed him once.

"I promise I won't---you can keep each and every document about this. Look, if you agree---It'll be more beneficial to you. I already have the new hotel built, I need you to decorate it completely." Hyungsik says and Sungjae's expression doesn't change.

"And honestly speaking, I would replace all that's in my hotels in every city with your industrial equipment." The way Hyungsik speaks, it's impossible for Sungjae to believe that it's the same arrogant man that he is.

And he refuses to believe that Hyungsik can change like this, so easily but he does believe that Hyungsik can fake it all for a business deal or something that only favours him and thinking about what he just proposed, it does favour Kim Industries but how can Hyungsik stand that?

"Why are you doing this?" Sungjae asks, a little firmer to let Hyungsik know he won't be in for any game this time.

"I know you won't trust me again---I've broken it many times but it's true this time and doing a business deal with you in just one thing---there's more." Hyungsik explains.

"I don't want to be rude but I don't believe you---not after you were going to bankrupt me, I'm glad I got to know the truth before you could take it all away." Sungjae reminds him because he has to---to tell him he won't fall for the trap if it's one.

"I know---I fucking know and if you want me to apologise and keep apologising, I will. I'm sorry okay and I know---".

"You didn't look like you were sorry the way you talked to my son or about my wife at the dinner table." Sungjae cuts the other's words. The older Jeon closes his eyes, sighs heavily---doesn't say anything.

"You do know what you're saying right? If our industries provide the furnishing and power to your building---our name will be there, the Kims and you are okay with that?" Sungjae pointedly asks.

"If I had a problem with that, I wouldn't have proposed it." Hyungsik utters.

"Why all of the sudden? Why do you suddenly think so good for Kims, you hate us."

"Is it too bad that I want us to be like we were before, how our families were when---when Mina was alive." And hearing his wife's name always tugs Sungjae's heart and it aches in pain everytime---his expression falters.