Chapter 7: Sophisticated

Sorry for the mistakes plz

Third Person POV

"Where were you this whole week?" Taehyung asks Minjae. They're sitting in the cafe. Minjae furrows his eyebrows at the question, observers Taehyung's serious expression.

"I had work." Minjae replies, looks at his friend then looks away.

"What work? What was so important that you couldn't inform me?" Taehyung asks and the other tries to avoid his stare.

"It was nothing important Tae, just leave it." Minjae shrugs and Taehyung narrows his eyes at him.

"Are you doing drugs again?" Taehyung asks without any hesitation and Minjae looks at him with wide eyes.

"What? No---no. Why would you say that?" Minjae tries to hide his shock as he scoffs playfully.

"What if I say I don't believe you? How would you make be believe that you're not doing drugs again." Taehyung says and Minjae gulps.

"It's nothing like that and we can't talk about drugs in a cafe, please Tae." Minjae says and the model shrugs.

"We won't if you'll tell me the truth."Taehyung utters.

"It is true---I'm not taking them again Tae." Minjae pressures his words but Taehyung knows he's lying.

"Mind telling me why are you going to a disgusting club and why the people inside that place know you?" Taehyung asks, watches the other go pale.

"What---what club?" Minjae utters and Taehyung wants to yell at him to stop lying and just admit it.

"I don't know the name but I went there to ask for you and I found out that you go there---people know you there. What else can that mean huh?" Taehyung says, tries not to appear frustrated. Minjae doesn't answer him.

"Look, Minjae---if there's something wrong---if something happened, you can tell me. I'm always here for you. Just---don't become the old you---I can't lose you Minjae. Please." The model says, reaches for Minjae's hand and grabs it softly.

"I know you're here for me Tae and I know I can count on you but it's nothing what you think it is." Minjae says and Taehyung sighs, knows he can't make Minjae tell him so easily.

"Okay, okay." Taehyung smiles, squeezes his hand in assurance.

"I---I have to go." Minjae utters Taehyung doesn't want him to but he let's him.

He will make sure Minjae doesn't destroy himself again.

--------------------------

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung stands by the couch when he comes home, finds Jeongguk watching TV in the lounge.

The ravenette looks at the silver haired model, watches him fidget with his fingers. It's three days after the outing with Yeonjun and Soobin that they're talking.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?" Taehyung says and the CEO thinks he'll have to get used to Taehyung approaching him when he was the one who won't even look at him.

"Yeah, sure." Jeongguk utters, gestures at the seat next to him and Taehyung slowly approaches, sits far on the same couch as Jeongguk.

And Taehyung thinks why is he discussing such things with Jeongguk, usually he talks to Seokjin.

"Have you ever met a person who---who take drugs or---or is an addict. Taehyung hates using this word---Minjae isn't an addict---Taehyung knows he isn't. Taehyung hopes he isn't.