Chapter 5: Melanin

Sorry for the mistakes plz

Third Person POV

Jeongguk stays in the car but calls the hotel service to be ready to serve Taehyung since he's inside with Puppy. The model tells him to join them just out of kindness as Taehyung thinks he should ask him because Jeongguk helped him a lot today.

But Taehyung is too proud to say thanks.

Jeongguk denies the offer because he doesn't want to be rude anymore to not answer any question that Puppy has been asking the whole drive or will ask if he goes with him.

How can he answer when Puppy asks him how much he loves Taehyung after asking him why they got married. Puppy says he loves Taehyung more.

Taehyung and Puppy come back after half an hour and Jeongguk thought they'd get late. Taehyung gets in the backseat but Puppy knocks on the window of Jeongguk's side---only his eyes visible to Jeongguk as he slides down the window.

Puppy holds a chocolate bar and extends his arm towards Jeongguk.

"Puppy is mad at you---you took Taetae hyung but Puppy got you chocolate because you took us to icecream so thanks." Jeongguk watches the little boy in surprise, looks at the chocolate bar and then at Puppy again.

"Take it before I eat it." Puppy says and Jeongguk is snapped out of his surprise, smiles at the boy and takes the chocolate.

"Thank you little one." Jeongguk says and Puppy gives him a smile, gets in the backseat and Taehyung's smiling warmly at him. Taehyung admits he's a clever boy.

Well---atleast Taehyung thanked Jeongguk---may it be indirectly.

Puppy falls asleep in Taehyung's lap and Taehyung didn't have to struggle to open the door because Jeongguk opens it for him. Taehyung thinks that they can atleast be civil if they both try.

All is fine until their hands accidentally touch while both reach to open the door.

Taehyung recoils immediately, as if the touch burned him, looks at Jeongguk with a vulnerable expression and wide eyes and Jeongguk's eyes turn apologetic for a moment but when Taehyung steps away from him as if he'll hurt him---it infuriates Jeongguk.

Though Jeongguk thinks it's better to stay quiet but his expression makes it visible for Taehyung to know that he's irritated and annoyed and Taehyung tries not to feel bad---Jeongguk doesn't deserve to know and he assures himself that he reacted naturally to a stranger's touch.

Taehyung doesn't want to feel guilt especially regarding to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk walks in the house first and then Taehyung, can't lock it because he has Puppy in his arms and he never thought he's so heavy until now. Taehyung takes Puppy to his room and locks the door even when he doesn't need to.

And sometimes, Taehyung just hates it that because of this problem he has---of not letting anyone touch him---it'll cause him more hurt than save him.

-------------------------

Jeongguk finds it so ridiculously infuriating that his father had made the deal, used him for this purpose and now he has to look after all the work. Once a week, he and Namjoon meet and discuss the details and visit the hotel which is being installed with decorations.

They are together today, in Namjoon's office.

"I hope this deal gets done soon." Jeongguk utters.

"You really want the it to end soon huh?" Namjoon asks, knows the answer.

"Even after the deal is done---the contract stays for a year and it'll only end at the specific date--".