Chapter 35: Zero

Sorry for the mistakes plz. Ignore

Third Person POV

Jeongguk had spent the three days in complete distress. He wants to laugh at himself for being in a situation he never thought he'd ever be. That he'll fucking cry for someone because he wants him so much---that he'll cry because of love.

Falling in love has never been a priority to Jeongguk---more like a case of if. Never in his life he had thought it'll be Taehyung but it doesn't surprise him anymore because it was impossible to not fall in love with him. Jeongguk can't ever hate Taehyung now---it's not even a surprise too that how easily it had happened.

Something that had always been not so important thing for him, love---Jeongguk was now a slave to it, fallen deep in it with no way out. Heck, he even cried for Taehyung---a few years younger Jeongguk would've laughed hysterically and named this situation funny and called Jeongguk an idiot but it's way ahead of that time now.

Jeongguk can't laugh because he doesn't have Taehyung to share that laughter with, he feels alone and doesn't have Taehyung so he won't feel alone.

Jeongguk admits that it hurt when Taehyung called him the bully but it is the truth---no matter how many apologies are made, it can't change the fact. Jeongguk knows Taehyung didn't mean it because he the instant regret after saying those words but still, he was supposed to forget it and now the memory is fresh as ever.

He thinks that why even he's trying to get Taehyung when the other is running away from him. Taehyung clearly said he doesn't want him---that he wants to stop so why Jeongguk is making a fool out of himself as he keeps running away from him.

We should stop. Is what Taehyung has said and never told him the reason when Jeongguk asked.

You should know why. Taehyung said and how can Jeongguk possibly know---

The ravenette's eyes widen when it finally dawns upon him.

This can't be true. Taehyung can't mean that---is he really---does he---

No, if that was the case, Taehyung wouldn't be pushing me away. He wants to end the contract. If he has feelings for me, he wouldn't have left.

But what if he didn't say anything because I never showed my true feelings for him.

No, I'm thinking way ahead. Taehyung clearly said he doesn't love and he doesn't want to see me.

Jeongguk can't just say Taehyung has feelings for him. He can't believe that even though the words he said were clear on this regard but Taehyung's attitude and words completely change it. It's like Taehyung has started hating him again though Jeongguk knows he'll never hate him. His eyes don't lie and there is no hatred in them, just---a distant sadness.

Jeongguk closes his eyes, his head starts to ache and he knows it'll turn into a bad headache if he won't take the painkiller. Work and all the recent events regarding Taehyung have stressing him alot lately and the fact that he has no contact or whatsoever with Taehyung doesn't help.

He can't just keep looking at the pictures everytime.

Jeongguk is staring blankly at his laptop screen when his phone rings. It's Namjoon's name on his screen. He picks it up.

"Hello."

"Hey, Jeongguk---can you manage an hour or two off your work." Namjoon says right after the greeting.