Chapter 3 - "The circle has been formed" - part 2

"SURPRISE!"

Andie was stunned. The parlor was covered in red and gold streamers, and a large red banner with "Epic eighteenth birthday, Adrianna" in gold. Siobhan, the parlor staff, Jessica, Isabelle, Emily, and even Bane were there, laughing heartily at her expression.

"Oh, you should see your faces it's just priceless!" Jessica laughed, hugging her.

"You guys, what... you said you were all out of town!"

"Well, of course, we had to keep the surprise!" Bane grinned.

"You didn't actually believe we'd let you celebrate your eighteenth birthday without an epic party, did you?" Jessica smiled.

"But... how did you get the parlour to close?" Andie asked.

"I'm taking stock, aren't I?" Siobhan reminded her.

"But it'll cost you a day of work!"

"I really needed it anyway, so don't yeh go worryin', darlin'." Siobhan smiled. "And anyway, one day won't bankrupt me."

"Yeah, thanks again for this, Siobhan," Emily said.

"I hope you don't mind my being here," Bane put in. "I know we just met recently..."

"No, it's fine, I'm glad you're here. A little sanity in this room full of crazy females!" she laughed, grinning at Jessica and Emily.

"Oh, if you were hoping I was sane, I think you'll be disappointed," Bane grinned.

"Well, is this a party or what?" Jessica said, catching Andie's arm as Siobhan put on some music. The tables were stuck ot the ground, so there wasn't much to do about that, but Siobhan had decorated their favorite table with more ribbons, a large platter or sweets and chocolate and a big bowl of fruit salad along with glasses of soda with colorful straws and cocktail umbrellas. On the table behind that were several packages.

"Where d'you want to start?" Isabelle asked.

"I know where to start," Bane grinned taking Andie's hand. "Dancing our feet off!"

And so they did, laughing, and just being themselves, for once not worrying about looking stupid or ridiculous. It began raining outside. They all took pictures and enjoyed a huge chocolate cake covered in Smarties made by Siobhan with ice cream. Jessica then insisted on getting Andie to open her presents. Hers was the latest novel of a fantasy series Andie was reading and hadn't had a chance to buy yet.

"Oh, great, I couldn't find it anywhere any more!" Andie beamed.

"Nor could I, but I didn't let that stop me, you know me."

"You bet I do," Andie grinned as she hugged her.

Emily's was a small dolphin figurine.

"Em, this amazing, thanks!" Andie smiled and hugged her too.

Then, Bane stepped forwards nervously.

"I wasn't sure what to get you...so I made you this..."

He held out a wooden picture frame. Andie took it, intrigued. She looked at it and gasped. It was a drawing of her. She was laughing, her hair blown in the wind (well, as much as it could be given how short it was).

"... Wow... Bane, it's... did you draw this?" Andie asked, awed.

"Yes..."

"The detail is amazing... it's beautiful, thank you!"

She gave him a squeeze too.

"I'm glad you like it." Bane said.

"You must have spent hours on it!" she said.