Chapter 12 - Friendly intervention - part 1

Jessica called Isabelle and Emily and asked them to meet up at the Soda Fountain as soon as possible. They were both a little surprised, because she'd told them both not to tell Andie about it. Andie not wanting to come was one thing, but willingly leaving her out...? Emily didn't remember them ever doing that before Isabelle and Bane came into their lives... but then, things had been very different then... but like Isabelle had said, they wouldn't know until they saw Jessica.

"Hey, over here!" called a voice as they came in.

Jessica waved to them, sitting in front of a kiwi-banana milkshake. Emily ordered a vanilla smoothie, and Isabelle a strawberry milkshake. As Siobhan took their order, she noticed Andie wasn't there, or Bane.

"You're less crowded than normal, ain't yeh, darlin's?" she asked.

"Uh... Andie is a little under the weather," Jessica said. "And Bane's out of town."

 "Oh, I see. Give 'em my best, won't yeh?"

 "Sure thing," Isabelle said.

 And Siobhan's heels clicked as she walked away.

 "So what was so urgent and so secret Andie couldn't be told?" Emily asked.

 "It's urgent and secret because it's about Andie," Jessica said, frowning.

 Isabelle and Emily glanced at each other.

 "Did something happen to her, is she okay?" Emily asked.

 "No, she's fine. Well, aside from Bane being in a coma, of course... but I think we all agree she's not coping too well..."

 "It's only been a couple of days and they almost died, Jessica, so of course she's not coping yet!" Isabelle said. "Give her time!"

 "No, that's not what I mean..." Jessica argued, surprisingly serious, for once. "I mean, we all know I can get pretty crazy ideas..."

 "Oh, you mean like that time you decided to repaint your room green instead of orange?" Emily smiled.

 "I was ten!" Jessica retorted impatiently. "And that's not the point! The point is that Andie's idea is even crazier than I thought... I mean, she's talking about breaking into a museum!"

 Isabelle and Emily looked at each other again.

 "I didn't want to say anything because she's going through a lot, right now..." Isabelle said. "But I'm a little worried about her, myself..."

 "Yeah... I mean, I wasn't lying when I said I wanted to help Bane... but I don't exactly want to go to jail..."

 "None of us do..." Jessica said. "But if I know Andie, she won't change her mind until he's back to normal..."

 "It's easy to figure out why..." Isabelle said anxiously. "She feels guilt-ridden to do everything to help him. Not only because he got hurt while protecting her, but because of how he felt about her."

 "You don't think it's because her feelings have changed too?" Emily asked.

 "... It's probably a part of it," Jessica agreed. "In any case, she's clearly too upset to think straight..."

 "Well, maybe, but if we're honest, we don't have any other options..." Emily sighed.

 "We do, but she won't hear of it..." Jessica reminded her.

 "Well... why do we have to have her approval?" Isabelle said slowly.

 "What do you mean?" Emily asked, sipping her smoothie.