Epilogue

Washington Center was packed with people waiting for the concert. Some were just waiting patiently, others were grumbling that they wanted it to start.They were playing some music videos in the background to keep them occupied. Somewhere in the crowd were three girls, struggling to hear one another or even stick together in the messy crowd. To avoid getting separated, they stayed close and caught hold of one another if they got jostled. But the crowd didn't deter their good mood.

“This is going to be awesome!” Jessica said excitedly.

“Yeah, we know, it's all you've been able to talk or think about all week,” Emily teased.

She and Isabelle laughed. It was true. Andie hadn't been around much, between school, rehearsing and looking after her sister. Jessica stuck her tongue at them, which only made them laugh even harder.

“Alright, enough!” she finally chuckled.

Finally, the girls gave in and calmed down, though their grins said it all.

“D'you know how she's doing?” Emily asked.

The other two girls shook her head.

“I've sent her texts, but she's probably turned her phone off,” Isabelle said. “Do you know if her parents arrived yet?”

“Yes, I saw them in the seats back there,” Emily said.

Isabelle looked around.

“It's like the whole town is here!”

Indeed it was. There was barely enough room to move around.

“You should have seen them in Seattle two years ago,” Jessica smiled. “It was at least ten times more crowded that this.”

Her friends exchanged a glance.

“I think you're probably exaggerating a little,” Emily smiled.

Jessica definitely had a tendency to make things much bigger than they actually were.

“No, I am not, I'll have you know.” Jessica grinned.

“How can we tell?” Isabelle asked.

“You'll just have to take my word for it. You would really see what I mean if you'd been there,” Jessica grinned.

Laughing, they put the debate aside, and turned their attention to the pictures of the band and Andie on the giant screen above the stage. Andie was standing on the front, her microphone in one hand, the other stretched out to the side like the two dancers behind her. But there was a definite gleam of excitement in her eyes.

“She looks great, doesn't she?” Isabelle commented.

“Yeah, look at that smile... hadn't seen that in a while.” Emily agreed.

“I know, right?” Jessica said, looking too.

“Well, now she's happy again.” Isabelle pointed out wisely.

“Yeah, and we all know why, right, Bane?” Jessica chuckled.

When no one answered, she looked around.

“Bane?” she called.

But he was nowhere to be seen.

“Where did he go?” Emily asked.

Isabelle chuckled.

“He said he had to see someone.” she said with a smile.

Andie was sitting in her dressing room, trying to sort out her outfit before going out onto the stage. She slipped on a black bracelet Jessica had given her and the earrings Emily had lent her. But she couldn't decide if she wore her hair up or down. She lifted it up with her hands and looked at her reflection.