Chapter 14 - The one you were all waiting for

Timeskip brought to you by my amazing friend, Evie, and buying presents for her birthday.

Monday 9th September

Alex pov

I had just got home from law class and I was pretty frustrated because Washington still wouldn't let me on the debate team. It was ok because Jefferson wasn't on it either. However, the new head of the debate team was John Adams, who was an absolute doofus so good luck to them.

I got in and chucked my bag down.

"Hello?" I called.

I heard a muffled 'Hello!' from the fridge. I wandered over.

John popped his head up from behind the door. I laughed. His cheeks were stuffed with baby tomatoes and he looked so adorable. I took my phone out and snapped a photo.

"Hey!" He jumped up and reached for my phone, but my reflexes were too fast, I snatched it away.

"Om nom" He swallowed the tomatoes and shut the fridge door. He then grabbed for my phone again but missed by a few inches. 

I jumped up and ran away. He chased me around the dorm.

"I'm gonna post it on my insta!"

"Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

I was so busy taunting him that I didn't notice the sofa right in front of me. I fell back onto it and he fell right on top of me.

Our faces were inches apart and he stared into my eyes. I was lost in his face. His freckles were a thousand stars and around those stars were constellations. I joined 8 freckles on his cheek to make the little dipper.

Our faces were suddenly closer. I placed my hand lightly on his cheek and drew the constellations with my finger.

He ran his hand through my hair and leaned his face closer. Closer. Closer...

"OUI OUI MON AMI JE M'APPELLE LAFAYETTE!!"

We scrambled away from each other.

 "Laf, I think we interrupted something" Herc hissed

"It was nothing!" John and I said in unison.

"Yeah, I'm sure it was," Laf said, not convinced

"No! It was absolutely nothing. It meant nothing to me!" I blurted.

I liked...no loved John but I just didn't want to get on the wrong side of Laf. I knew how protective he was of John.

John pov

 'It meant nothing to him? Really?'

I felt my eyes water. I left the room. 

'Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!'

Alex pov

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have said that!

"Look what you did!" I hissed at Laf

"I didn't do anything"

"Well, look what you made me do!"

"Oh look what you made me do. Look what you made me..." Herc sung-whispered

"Not helpful Herc!" I glared at him

"Are you sure you like John?" Laf asked me.

I gave him a look "Seriously?"

"Well, John can't be with anyone"