Chapter 22 - The chapter where I use bold a lot

Thursday 13th September

Alex pov

I checked the time on my phone. 9:15 pm. I had been sitting here all day and I got a few weird looks from people walking down the corridor.

George King stopped by me and said "Is it true you got kicked out of your dorm for smoking weed whilst everyone was trying to eat breakfast?"

(A/N: I'm so sorry. I have no imagination)

"What? No! What the hell?"

He sighed "How boring. What did you do?"

"I...I kissed Jefferson in front of my boyfriend"

"Oh my god!! You are such and idiot!" He laughed "John's gonna kill you"

"Yeah" I glared at him "I know"

He wheezed "I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't a peasant"

"Thanks King"

"You're welcome, darling" He blew me a kiss and strutted off.

"Jeez" I muttered and looked back at my Wattpad. (A/N: You can tell he's a kool kid cuz he's got Wattpad

My book - In the Eye of the Hurricane - had got 7 million reads and it was only 51 chapters long.

I lied to everyone. I said a hurricane destroyed my town when I was seventeen.

As if I wasn't still seventeen.

That was why I got fostered as soon as I got to America. I wasn't technically an adult so I had to have guardians. It was only after a few months with them that I ran away. It was on the day that I met John. When I got home, they were fighting and whenever they fought, I was always the blame. They never hurt me physically, but they hurt me mentally and I was sick of it. So that night, I packed my bags and raced to the nearest college.

I wasn't meant to go to college for another year, but I talked with Washington. I still remember that conversation.

Those harps you hear when someone has a flashback

Saturday 30th August - 10pm

I raced down the street, searching for the college that gave me the scholarship two weeks ago. I knew the scholarship wasn't until I was eighteen, but I still ran. It was my only hope. I saw the grand crest on the gates and sprinted in.

Some students finishing up late-night studying gave me some weird looks. It was then that I realized I had no idea where I was going. I turned around, looking for something, anything. I was scared and confused. I was terrified that my foster family would find me and hurt me.

"E-excuze me" I mumbled to someone walking past. I was too quiet, they couldn't hear me.

I was freaking out. Even though it was quiet on the grounds, I felt like my brain was exploding with so much sound and so much everything. My eyes went slightly blurry and I started hyperventilating. I opened and closed my eyes rapidly, trying to clear the black spots in my vision. I put my head in my hands and I felt like I was screaming but I couldn't hear over all the noise. Everything was so loud.

"Son? Son?! Are you alright?!" Someone came rushing up to me.

"I...I..."

He lead me away to his office and sat me down on a chair. He handed me a glass of water.

"Do you take any anti depressants? Is there anything I can do?" He frantically suggested

I didn't answer. I just kept hyperventilating. I couldn't see him anymore. Everything was going dark. I just wanted to get away.