Chapter 34 - Dancing in the dark

Friday 21st September

"Okay, so for The Open Hearts Foundation, we're gonna need a fundraiser. My agency just don't have enough money to spare. So is there anything you can think of that you'd like to do?" Martha sat opposite me at Mr Washington's desk.

"I'm not sure...I'll ask my friends, but we could do a musical...And then sell tickets"

"That's a great idea! As long as you can arrange auditions and rehearsals, I'll help with everything else"

I smiled "Cool" and walked back to my dorm.

"A MUSICAL!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMGGRTGGORTGSJSRGGBSKRBKK" Peggy squealed

I giggled "Which one should we do?"

"Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Be-" Angelica began

"No! We should do Heathers!!" Maria cut her off

"Dear Evan Hansen!!!" Peggy chirped, jumping on the couch

"How about Be More Chill?" Anna suggested

"OMGOMG OKAY SO!" Peggy squealed "That's a way better idea than mine"

"That sounds great!" I smiled and wrote it down on a piece of paper. Personally I preferred Be More Chill to all of their other suggestions, so I was glad when Anna said it.

"We could also have a dance in the hall for students" Laf appeared out of no where

"Great! I can organise that tomorrow...Wait...where did you come from?" 

He chuckled and jumped out the window. We were only on the first floor, but it was still quite a drop. I looked over the edge to see if Laf was okay.

He had completely disappeared.

I shrugged and called Martha. She thought the dance idea was great and we set to work selling tickets.

(Timeskip brought to you by me getting frustrated at the Desygner thingy where you make book covers)

Saturday 22nd September

Eliza pov

The dance started at eight - in twenty minutes. I had gotten everyone I knew to buy tickets and I was really excited for it. I was planning to ask Anna to dance, but I didn't know what she'd say.

I was finally working up enough courage to knock on her door, when she came out of her room in a silver dress. My jaw dropped.

"Oh, hey Liza" She saw me by her door "Do you think this is too much?" She asked confidently, twirling around slowly.

"No...you look...amazing...I mean...You look even more amazing than you usually look"

She giggled "I was hoping you'd say that, I love this dress and I don't know how I could survive without wearing it"

I opened and closed my mouth several times.

"Hey, do you wanna dance with me?" She smiled "I've been wanting to ask you"

"Yeah...Yes. Absolutely! I don't deserve you...I mean not in a weird way...just well" I rambled

She put a finger to my lips and I looked down at it, confused.

"I like you, too"

"Really?" 

"Definitely" She leaned closer and I started freaking out.

What do you do when you dream something and you want it to happen so badly that you obsess over it, but then you dismiss it - thinking it would never happen and then it does?!