Chapter 27 - Mean Girls

Monday 17th September

Alex pov

I woke up in John's arms. I felt his warm breath on the back of my neck. I opened my eyes and watched him. He looked so peaceful and...well...adorable. I could tell today was gonna be a good day.

He stirred after a while and opened his eyes slowly. "Hey there, baby girl"

"Hey, bean" I blushed

His phone pinged and he checked it.

"Angie says 'Stop making out and change into your swimming costumes. We're going to the outside pool'"

"Outside pool? Do they have more than one?"

"Let's go and find out" He stretched and got up.

I yawned and tried to roll over, but he picked me up. "John!!"

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not"

"We have to change first"

"Oh right"

We went to our cases and got out our swimming costumes and then stood in awkward silence before walking to opposite sides of the room with our backs turned to change.

We weren't really there yet.

"You done?" I asked when I was finished changing

"Yup" He said and we turned around.

He was wearing light green swimming trunks and he had his hair tied back like it always is, with a few loose strands at the front. I looked at his bare chest and smirked. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him. He smiled and pulled me closer.

"Hey" He said "We're not such different heights anymore. Did you grow?"

"Yeah" I replied "Either that or you shrunk"

He laughed "Smol bean"

"Tall bean"

He blushed "You're only a couple inches away from us being the same height"

"Well, you are a year older than me" I slapped my hand over my mouth a second too late.

"Wh-what?" He scoffed "I'm eighteen you're not..."

I smiled nervously "Hi, I'm seventeen" 

"Hi, seventeen, I'm gay...My surname is 'For you'"

"Even though I'm seventeen?" I faltered

"Baby, I love you no matter what"

"Okay" I blushed "Okay..."

"Come on, lets go swimming"

John pov

We walked out the back door to a huge outdoor pool. It was heated even though it was pretty warm out and everyone was sat on the seats around the pool.

"Is everyone here?" Angie called

"Yup" We chorused

"Okay, rules. No killing each other. Try not to be so gay; our dad is in his office which is just by that window" She pointed to a window overlooking the pool "Have fun"

Peggy whooped and jumped into the pool with her inflatable yellow rubber ring to match her halter neck yellow swimming costume. Angie had a similar swimming costume but in pink and with flowers on the edges. Eliza was wearing a pale blue tank-top-like swimming costume and swimming trunks. 

"Elizabeth!" Mr Schuyler came striding out. I noticed he never shouted. He just raised his voice slightly "What in heaven's name do you think you're wearing?"