↬ twenty-five

Riley's POV

My hands were shaking and my body had a light layer of sweat from my nervousness. I was terrified. I was two minutes away from facing my idol. And even if I did win I'd only have a week to prepare for Night Of Champions. This was nerve-racking to say the least. Although Dean and Danielle tried to comfort me, it didn't help much.

I heard my music and skipped out not wasting a minute before I got into the ring. Of course Paige was in commentary.

'Lets light it up....'

I saw AJ skip to the ring, same entrance as me. I smirked, putting on a show was my strong front it wasn't easy for some one to read me and I sure as hell wasn't letting anyone know I was terrified on the inside.

She got into the ring and I only felt the pit in my stomach grow. The ref rang the bell but nobody moved. We just stood there staring at each other. That's when AJ held out her hand. I hesitantly shook it and she let go before we locked up.

Deep inside I knew we had respect for each other. She ended up over powering me into the turn buckle and kicked me in the gut, which for the record hurt like hell. I fell to my knees and heard the roar of the crowd behind me. I smirked through the pain, I could kinda get use to being a heel. It was fun. I quickly stood up, but sadly that's what AJ was waiting for. She quickly tried to lock in the black widow, but, thankfully, I counter.

* five more minutes of AJ & Riley tearing each other apart which I don't feel like writing because its sorta boring and because I suck at writing matches *

I had managed to fully take control for the first think in this match. I had the black widow locked in tight. From the corner of my eye I noticed Paige on the apron. I couldn't help, but drop AJ mainly because the damn ref wasn't paying attention.

"Sierra, Hotel , India , Echo , Lima, Delta, Shield....."

I turned my head to the crowd in wonder as to why this was happening to me! I was still aware that Paige was standing in front of me. That's when AJ rolled me up. And no matter how hard I tried I couldn't find a way to kick out.

1...2...3

I watched as AJ slid out the ring and Paige grabbed her title and walked happily up the ramp as AJ skipped around the ring. I glared up the stairs to see all three members of The Shield with horrified expressions in there faces. That's when I loss it. I screamed and banged my fist on the mat so hard I thought I bruised them. Then my hands when up to my hair as I slowly crawled out of the ring.

A year, a whole fucking year to get that shot and I loss it not only that but now AJ's the number one contender and I might not get a shot for months, or even years.

Once I got backstage I wreaked everything I could get my hands on. I slid to my knees and just let the tears fall, they were tears of range and sadness. I couldn't stop them. Once all my adrenaline wore off I could feel the pain in my shoulder, it was probably the worse pain I've ever felt.

That's when I felt a hand on my back. And when I looked up it was the last person I wanted to see.

{{ Hii, my lovely little readers, Riley loss! Will she blame the shield? and what about Riley's shoulder? I can't decided If I like this chapter of not so whatcha think of it? }}

{{ Anyways, stuffs gonna happen in the next chapter. }}