Chapter Three

Along with the morning sun comes Saturday.

My nose for some reason bothers me so I sneeze. The feeling doesn't go away so I open my eyes.

I finally realize that Taemin has been using a strand of my hair to tickle my nose.

"Good morning!" He says with a smile and plants a kiss on my now agitated nostrils.

"How can you be so annoying so early in the morning?" I moan, and turn to my side so I am snug against his chest.

"It's my specialty" he says softly.

I take in his scent and allow myself a moment of bliss before the storm. I know that at one point I must get up and get dressed. After all, today is my sisters big day, or should I say second big day.

Its no shock she can't manage to keep a man.

"Wake up!" I hear Megan shout as she arrives for her morning dorm duties. Me and Taemin stay put and listen as the rest of the doors open and the boys drag themselves to the living room.

We hear a door slam, which indicates that Key has already claimed the bathroom.

Taemin gets up first and takes my dress out from the closet. For this ever special event, I chose a simple black flowing dress that comes to my knees, paired with the only expensive piece of jewelry I own. A locket necklace that contains a picture of me and Taemin together where he's holding me close and I'm smiling like a proud girlfriend. He gave it to me the night of the music awards, in front of the paparazzi, for the world to see.

"You are going to look gorgeous. You better be careful, Soo Hi might think you're trying to steal her spotlight" he says as he helps me off the bed.

"Yeah right, knowing her, she probably spent half of her future husbands fortune just on her dress" I say, knowing my sisters taste quite well.

" doesn't matter how much money she spends, it won't hide the ugliness she holds inside" Taemin reassures me.

Once Key finishes his morning beauty treatment, I finally get the bathroom to myself. After I take my shower, as I'm putting my makeup on, I take a good look at myself in the mirror.

"You've come a long way, don't turn back now" I tell the girl in the mirror.

She looks back at me and smiles confidently.

After I'm done curling my hair I take one last look at myself. Plain, but pretty. My locket makes me feel complete and looks rather flattering hanging from my neck.

When I step out, Jonghyun whistles at me. "Wow.....someone is ready to defeat the wicked witch of the west" he says with his eyes wide open.

"You should beat her with a broom stick" Key adds from the couch.

"Why are you so violent? I'm sure Ha Ni can handle her without beating her up with home appliances" Onew says responding to Key.

"Ha Ni has matured a lot since we first encountered Soo Hi. Today she just has to attend and keep her cool, show her who's in control. She's not fooling anyone, especially considering she's marrying a man twice her age" Minho says leaning against the wall

"Wow, is the CEO that much older?" Megan asks from the kitchen sink.

"Sure is. That's why you should date a healthy young stud who can hit an F sharp in less than three seconds" Jonghyun says slyly and manages to plant a peck on Megan's cheek without getting mutilated.

"You pervert!" She screams, but fails to catch Jonghyun in time.

Jonghyun smiles cheekily from the other side of the room. Well at least he's smart enough to keep a distance, I'm sure Megan wouldn't hesitate to throw a plate at his head.

Taemin passes by me and finishes buttoning his jacket. He wears a tux and bowtie and wears his hair pushed back, giving him a manly appeal.

He looks at me from the corner of his eye and my insides melt like butter on a hot stove.

"Let's go my love" he says and puts my hand in his.

Megan and the boys wish us luck as we leave. At the elevator we run into Hyo Rin who has come to see Minho. She hugs me for support and takes out something from her purse.

"I got this for you, it'll make you invincible" she places the blood red lipstick in my hands and pats Taemin on the back. I give her my thanks, and once we're in the elevator I apply the provocative color on my lips.

I notice how Taemin keeps his eyes on me all the way to the car. Translation: that lipstick looks great on you.

I've learned to interpret his occasional silences.

The wedding is taking place at a hotel in Gangnam. So of course, everyone who is anyone will be there. Since Soo Hi's american entertainment company signed a contract with SM Entertainment, Manager Hyung will be there too. She is now not only a CEO to a mayor company in New York, but will also become chairwoman for SM as soon as she says 'I do'

The wedding Hall is as elegant as a picture from a storybook. There's silk curtains hanging from the walls and beautiful Magnolia's wrapped in golden bows placed at the end of each row of seats. Along the middle of the room there's a lit up runway leading up to the glass altar.

Most of the guests are already here and stare at us as we walk by. Taemin squeezes my hand and I raise my chin up higher. I am undoubtedly being escorted by the most handsome man in this room. I also hold a position of respect in this company.

I have nothing to be ashamed of.

The music starts so we all take our seats. We sit in the third row from the front and wait. The groom comes out with his groomsmen to take their places. Our CEO is a chubby short man with glasses that cover his eyebrows. I'm sure everyone here knows the true motive Behind this wedding. But who dares place an opinion when most of us here are employees.

Soft piano music begins to play and all heads turn to see the bride.

Soo Hi stands tall in a snow white mermaid gown. Jeweled sequins hug at her petite waist, giving her the perfect hourglass shape. You can see her swell with pride as she hears the gasps from the audience as she walks by.

She cut her hair into an edgy Bob since the last time I saw her. Suits her personality well if you ask me.

As she passes my aisle I contemplate on looking away, but I find myself surprised to see her turn her head to look at me

Her stare says it all.

She wants me here. She wants me to see her victory and accept my defeat.

I squeeze Taemin's hand abruptly and he looks at me with an alarmed expression.

I'm not defeated.

Not yet.