Chapter Nineteen

Rose, Soo Hi, Dad and I had a lovely dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Dad caught us up on the past couple of years and Soo Hi showed dad her ring.

"Do you love him?" Dad asks and sips his wine.

"No" when she says this so calmly dad chokes on his wine and spits it back into the glass. Rose pats him on he back.

"Then why on earth did you marry him!?" Dad looks like he might explode and I bite on my thumbnail. Bad habit.

"My company in New York was seeking an Alliance with SM entertainment, I came  back to Korea when it became known to me that Ha Ni worked for them. Thanks to her I was able to strike a deal, however the contract wasn't annual. At a party I just so happened to meet the CEO who promised me a permanent collaboration between our companies in exchange for-" my sister swallows hard and I can't imagine and don't want to imagine what he made her do.

"In exchange for marriage" she finishes and takes a long sip of her wine.

I continue to chew on a hangnail and Rose puts her hand on mine to calm me down. I smile at her and she gives me a reasurring look.

"So you mean it was all for money?" Dad says this and Soo Hi's eye twitches.

"It's not like I had a choice dad" she says through gritted teeth.

My dad opens his mouth to snap back at her but Rose clears her throat and coos "oh what a lovely restaurant!" She say's and smiles at us. Dad picks up the hint and drops the subject.

"So what about you Kigo? Any men I should know about?" He says and tries to sip his wine again.

"More like five to be exact" Soo Hi sneers.

Dad spits his wine back into the cup and chokes for the second time. This time a waiter passes by and replaces his wine with a glass of water. Rose mouths an exasperated thank you and I swallow hard.

"What Soo Hi means is that I used to work as an assistant to a five member kpop band" I say and hope I didn't just say something stupid.

When he doesnt answer I continue "but now I work directly under Soo Hi and manage a female band named 'Mischievous'" I say and that seems to calm him down.

"Well of course I had to intervene, a single woman living with five handsome men is not appropriate for our little Kigo" Soo Hi says throwing me to the sharks.

"You lived with them!!?" Dad turns red again and I'm afraid we'll give him a heart attack. Rose face palms herself and sighs.

"Yes I did, but I now live with a co-worker, a female co-worker, and only visit them" I say in a high pitched voice.

"They live next door to her" Soo Hi adds unnecessaryly and I glare at her.

"Oh Buddha help me" dad says and exhales sharply.

Soo Hi tries to hold in laughter and I kick her from under the table and she hisses at me; I stick my tounge out in return.

"Anyway my boyfriends name is Taemin, you'll meet him next time" I say and take a sip of my sprite.

"I better young lady!" Dad says and scoffs.

Rose ignores his comment and congratulates me. I thank the lord for having Rose with us and wish I could've brought Taemin along. The rest of the afternoon goes rather smoothly as soon as Soo Hi shuts up. We laugh and make jokes and even share a dessert. When its time to leave, Rose gives us girls a hug and dad does as well. I leave feeling grateful to spend time as a family

When I get to the boys dorm it seems I came just in time for the big announcement.

Megan and Jong stand in the middle of the living room side by side. Megan is grinning from ear to ear and Jong looks like he was just crowned president of the universe.

"We're together!" They both say in unision and the room erupts with cheers and hugs.

Taemin is clapping for them at the other side of the room but comes over when he sees me. He plants a kiss on my cheek and continues to clap.

"But I thought you couldn't stand jong!" Minho says shocked and Hyo Rin answers for Megan "love is mysterious, I'm so happy for you sweetie!" Hyo Rin hugs Megan and Minho has to pry her away when Megan turns purple out of lack of oxygen.

"You sly dog" Key says and punches Jong on the shoulder. Onew looks happyly at the new couple but doesn't drop the chicken leg in his hand.

"Give her a kiss!" Key says as if it was the obvious thing to do in this situation.

Before long we're all chanting "kiss her! Kiss her!"

Jonghyun and Megan face each other and we're all shocked when Megan makes the first move by jumping onto him and wrapping her arms around his neck. They share a passionate kiss and we have to interrupt them before they get carried away.

"Get a freaking room ya perverts" Key nags and Megan blushes profusely. We spend the next half hour talking all together. Megan shows everyone her necklace and everyone goes bonkers; except for me since I had already seen it.

"So now the only single losers are Key and Onew" Jonghyun says with a smirk on his face. Megan nudges him and he protests.

"What!? Its true!" He says and Key glares at him.

"Not for long, me and Amber might have something in store, and Onew seems to be getting along a little too well with Yeong Chan, massaging her leg and all that" he says and looks over at Onew who is pretending not to listen to the conversation.

"Don't worry you'll find the ones for you" Hyo Rin says and leans on Minho's shoulder.

"What do you say we go some place quieter" Taemin says to me and I agree. We tiptoe into his room and leave everyone else conversing in the living room.

Once we're alone he pulls me into an embrace. He lays his head on my shoulder and doesn't move. He usually does this when he's upset so I begin to worry.

"What's wrong?" I say hoping its not something too terrible. Today's been a good day and I'm not too eager to hear bad news. He sighs and I can feel his body get heavier on mine.

"I'm gonna be gone for a little while" he says and I drop my hands from his back. He straightens himself up and grabs my face.

"After China I'm going on tour" when he says this my heqrt drops to my toes. When Shinee goes on tour it can last months! And since I'm no longer their manager, I can't go with him. Tears start to form in my eyes as I panic.

"For how long?" I say and choke on my words.

"Just a month" he says and caresses my cheek with his thumb.

"A month!" I say, more loudly than I intended too. We leave for China in two days, and we'll only be there a week and then he has to go!? We spend less time together already as it is! I know it's not his fault but....I don't want him to go.

"We'll stay in contact all the time, I promise. It's just because of my new solo, we want to branch out and promote" he says. I know he can see the tears coming down my face so I turn around.

"Don't be like that" he says and hugs me from behind.

"This sucks" I say and sniff "just when things are falling into place you've got to leave" I say and he holds me tighter.

"I know, I know" he says.

"And I need you now more than ever, with everything that's going on with my family and Soo Hi" I add and wipe the tears off my cheeks. He stays silent but continues to hold me. I stay in his embrace for a while in complete silence. Both of us not wanting to think anymore, just feel.

"If anything happens, anything. Call me and I'll return" he says and gives me a tug.

"I will" I say and close my eyes.