Chapter Sixteen

Megan keeps staring at the doorknob as if it would turn by itself. I'm in the kitchen stuffing a yogurt in my purse to eat on the way to the girls dorm when I spot Megan still lingering in front of the door.

"You know you eventually have to face him right?" I say and she nods sadly.

"What if I call in sick!" Megan says, her eyes bulging.

"You've never called in sick, if you stay he'll know that he got to you" I say and walk over to put my hand on her shoulder.

"You'll be fine, go on" I push her out the door, literally.

She makes a puppy face and whimpers but I give her a smile and wave goodbye.

She's doomed.

The snow is falling down beautifully in the city of Seoul and I can't help but look up at the sky to watch the snowflakes fall slowly. I wonder if Soo Hi is enjoying it too.  I shake my head and refuse to think too much. Today I have a busy day ahead of me. Next week is Shinee's concert with Super Junior in China and Mischievous is doing a guest performance for the first time.

That means I need to get them prepped and polished for photoshoots, radio interviews, and a live performance. I eat my Yogurt on the way there and apparently didn't clean it off my face because when I walk in Anna bends over in laughter.

"Got Milk?"she says and laughs like a hyena.

"Its yogurt for your information" I say and give her a swat on the head.

Yeong Chan and Amber come out of the room and give me a hug.

"Come on girls I need you to hurry up, the boys are all probably in the studio already with Jassmine" I say and push them all out the door. I stuff them in my car and head off to the dance studio, thankfully the girls are already properly dressed in tights and sport bras.

When we arrive Super Junior and Shinee are already on the dance floor imitating Jassmine's moves. The girls stay hidden behind my back but are shoved in by me.

I almost choke when I see Taemin. He's blonde. Really blonde. His hair is almost white.

Jassmine stops the rehearsal and orders everyone off the dance floor except Taemin. A new song I don't recognize comes on and Taemin begins to dance. He pops and locks his body to the rhythm and its not long before the boys start hooting.

I can see Key Scoot in closer to Amber and her face flushes a bright red. Although I don't mind them paying special attention to the girls, I don't need them distracted.

The song ends and Taemin jogs over to me. I try to ignore the sweat trickling down his abs.

"What the heck happened to your hair?" I say and rake it back with my fingers.

"Its a new look for my solo, its called 'Danger'" he says with a broad smile on his face.

"Your getting a solo!" I squeal and hug him. Our audience goes in an uproar as if I'd accepted his hand in marriage.

"That's right you go man! Get your girl!" Heechul yells and Siwon cracks up laughing.

"HEY EVERYONE!...... Shut up" Jassmine says and the boys and girls calm down.

"We have ONE week to get this right, so stop acting like a bunch of morons and focus" she turns the music back on and everyone runs into place. The rehearsal will go on for at least another two hours and I've got a lot of things to do.

As I'm thinking this I receive a call from Soo Hi.

"I need you to take care of dad for at least thirty minutes because I've got to go" she says.

"Ummm, yeah sure, but I can't stay any longer than that, the girls and I leave for China next week remember?"

"Yeah yeah, sure, but hurry. I don't have time to waste" she says and hangs up.

I look back at everyone, I search for my boyfriend and find him in the back working with three back-up dancers. I'm so proud of him.

I snap out of my admiration and head to the hospital.

When I get there he's awake. He's looking out the window from where he lays on the bed. He hasn't seen me come in.

What do I say? Should I just walk out?

'Daddy?" I swallow hard.

His head twitches at the sound of my voice and he turns around. At first he stays silent, almost in disbelief. But then his face changes into something softer.

"Kigo?" His strong voice hasn't changed a bit. His eyes sparkle in the dim sunlight that enters through the window.

"Yes, its me" I say and choke back on my tears.

"Come to me" he says. It takes a moment for my feet to reply. When I reach the side of his bed he takes my hand in his. I feel as if I was a soda can bottle that had been shaken for years and has been finally open. My emotions fizz and bubble over. I start to sob and his aged hand touches my cheek.

"Its OK Kigo, its OK" he says in between chokes as well. I kneel on the floor and lay my head on the side of the bed. He pats my head gently in a slow rhythm. We both stay there crying together. All those years gone, alone, spent despising one another, in this moment it means nothing.

Because he's here.

And he loves me.

"I'm so sorry Kigo, I didn't mean what I said to you, I'm so sorry" his tears fall down the cracks in his face and I wipe them away.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have run away" I say and kiss his hand.

"Kigo look at me" he grabs my face in his hands and I'm mesmerized by my fathers eyes. "It's not your fault she died, it never was"

That does it.

I'm trembling all over. All my life I was accused as the killer, the murderer, by my sister and the man holding my face in this instant. Years of pain and guilt, all come rushing back and I can't stop them.

"But S-soo Hi she, she-" I stammer as I begin to have trouble breathing.

"I know she blames you, but she's wrong and so was I, we all were" his sad eyes cast down and I collapse onto his chest.

'Please, please don't leave me daddy! I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, oh god!" My intense crying turns into screaming.

A doctor has to come in to calm us both down. When we manage to calm down Soo Hi has already returned.

"I told you to watch him, not drown him in your tears" she says as I help her change his gown.

"Its alright Soo, they were tears of joy" dad says and pats her arm.

"Yes but our goal is to keep you emotionally stable" she says to him while hissing at me.

"I haven't been emotionally stable since your mother left, so there's no point in trying" he says as we lay him down again.

"Daddy I have to go, if you didn't know, I work for Soo Hi and she keeps me pretty busy" I say and he looks surprised.

Soo Hi glares at me and dad swats her on the hand.

"Behave with your sister" he says sternly. Soo Hi's face boils and I know I better dissapear soon.

"Girls, promise me you'll return tomorrow, together" he says and looks at us.

"I can't. I have a husband to attend to as well, but I'm sure Ha Ni doesn't mind coming, right?" Soo Hi says sharply.

"Nonsense. You are coming and that's final, I'm sure your husband won't mind you seeing your sick father"he snaps back with authority.

Soo Hi opens her mouth to protest but snaps it shut. Her neck strains and I'm beginning to think her husband does mind that she's here. Will he get angry with her? Hit her? I push the thought from my mind and grab my purse.

" OK it's settled, tomorrow" I say.

"Splendid! I'll see you both then" I give him a kiss on the forehead and wave to my sister.

I exit the room happier than the day I discovered bras.