Chapter Twenty-seven

China's landscape dissapears under the planes wing. Although I'm surrounded by my closest friends, I've never felt so alone.

"Missing him?"

I turn around and see Minho leave his seat and come to my side.

"How did you know?" I say and give him a small smile.

"Because that's the way I looked when I was missing you" he says and I swallow hard.

"Don't worry, I don't feel that way about you now. But when I did, I missed you constantly" he says this and puts his head down.

"Really?" I ask like an idiot.

"Yes"

We look at one another in silence. Remembering when we did love one another.

"Thank you. For understanding" I say and he smiles. He ruffles my hair and puts on his headphones. I on the other hand, spend the whole flight looking at the ring on my finger and looking out the window.

I wonder if he's OK. Is he missing me as much as I'm missing him? What is he doing right now?

When the plane lands I'm still in La La land. Jong helps me carry my bags and Megan links arms with me.

"Still thinking?" She says and removes a pair of headphones from her bag.

"Yup" I reply and put my own headphones on. I blast my music on full volume as the doors of the gate open. Screaming fans surround us instantly and the guards have to move them out of the way. Even with music blasting I can still hear them.

We make it to our van safely and Manager Hyung greets us there.

The boys won't shut up about the temple and Taemin's departure. Key brings up the pool incident and I swat him on the head.

"Ya! Don't hit me!" He says and rubs his head.

"Keep talking and I'll kill you" I warn him and he motions me to be quiet.

"What happened?!" Manager Hyung grips the steering wheel in anger.

"It's still not certain who did it, but we have our suspicions" Onew says trying to calm him down.

"How dare they!" Hyung yells and takes a deep breath once we arrive at a stop light.

"Ok. Ok. Until further notice....stay quiet about this. Pretend it never happened, and leave the rest to me. Ok?"

We all nod and he scratches his head.

"Aish! Can't I get just one peaceful month!" He complains to himself.

We all stay quiet till we reach the dorms. We're all happy to be back. Before Megan and I can enter our dorm Onew stops us.

"I think you should stay with us" he says and grabs my arm.

"Taemin isn't here so you can stay in his room. Plus, I'd feel more at ease if I knew you were in the next room" he says and I look over at Megan.

"Sure. Jinki is right, stay with them" she says and gives me a kiss on the cheek and leaves.

I follow Onew into the boys dorm and instantly feel the heaviness in my chest. It gets worse when I enter Taemin's room. I look around at the familiar space we once shared.

Where we slept, where we hugged, where we kissed. I look at my panda laying on the bed. I remove all my clothes and snuggle next to it.

It smells like him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

When morning arrives I'm more than eager to get to work. The busier I am, the less time I have to think.

I drive over to our main office and head straight to Soo Hi's desk. I get off the elevator in a hurry and don't even knock on the door. I need to see her.

"Soo Hi-"

I stop in my tracks when I see the CEO sitting in her chair.

"Miss Ha Ni! What a pleasant surprise to see you here" he says and drums his fingers against the desk.

"Sir" I say and bow quickly.

"Please, call me Tae Joon" he slurs and gets up from the chair. He takes a step towards me and I take a step back.

"I'm sorry to inform you that Soo Hi isn't here....but, I'd be more than happy to help you with whatever you need"

A smile spreads across his slimy lips and my stomach churns. He comes closer and I try taking another step back but trip and fall backwards. He catches me just in time and pulls me up against him. I slam into him so hard that my hair comes undone.

"Good thing I caught you"

I hear a noise and the CEO's face changes to a serious one. I take this opportunity to wiggle out of his arms. When I'm free I look over in his direction and freeze.

"Get out" Soo Hi snarls from the entrance.

"Kigo LEAVE!" She yells.

The CEO grabs my arm.

"You're not going anywhere"

I'm trapped.