Chapter Twenty-two

"Wow, they're amazing" Yeong Chan says admiring Shinee's performance from backstage. I inflate with pride as the girls stare in awe at how the boys demand the stage and at how the millions of fans scream their names.

The boys spread out across the stage and jump up and down to pump up the crowd. The glitter cannons explode to their last performance. The auditorium exclaims in wonder when the confetti falls down beautifully over their heads. The boys bow and send out kisses to the crowd, the girls go ballistic.

Next is Taemin's first solo "Danger".

I cross my fingers and keep my eyes pealed on the stage as its engulfed in darkness. The rest of the boys join us on the side of the stage, all sweaty and covered in glitter. The world goes quiet in anticipation.

"Come on Taeminie you've got this" Key says nervously. Onew puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder and I begin to breathe again.

The stage illuminates in red and smoke rises from the stage. Taemin emerges wearing a sparkling red and black  blazer with no shirt underneath and pair of dress pants. He has his head down, making his blonde hair shag over his face. My insides melt when I see his head snap up to the start of the song.

The intensity in his eyes shines from the big screen. I admire the way my fiance dances his way throughout the stage. He removes his blazer and raises his arms over his head. His arm muscles flexing; the crowd explodes. He stomps, bends, twists, pops and locks. His body moves in unison with the music, almost in a magical way. I focus my gaze on the lean plane of his back, on the small beads of sweat trailing down his spine to the border of his underwear.

I look at the floor when I realize I'm being a total pervert.

The fans scream out his name as the song comes to an end. He strikes a sexy pose and disappears into a puff of smoke. We meet up with him backstage. Super Junior has started their performance and we can hear the boys dancing over our heads.

"I'm so proud of you!" I run and cling onto his neck and he smiles.

Even though my business suit is now wet with sweat, I dont care.

"Wow! You looked like a man out there" Minho says and hands him a bottle of water.

"Where's Key and Onew?" Taemin asks looking around.

"They're calming down the girls, its they're first performance so they're freaking out" I say looking at my arm where Amber clawed her nails in.

"I remember our first performance" jonghyun laughs. " I almost fell on my butt three times in a row, and Onew missed his cue" he relates.

"They'll be fine" Taemin tells me and plants a kiss on my cheek.

This morning he did the same. The sun was coming up and I was settled comfortably in his arms. When I opened my eyes, he was proped up on one elbow starring at me. The faint sunlight glinted in his eyes and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I still do.

The girls will be on the stage in less than fifteen minutes when Key comes running over to tell me that Anna is hurling in a trash can.

"Dang it!" I mouth and power walk over to find her. Yeong Chan and Amber are holding up her hair while she vomits into the bin.

The hair and makeup crew are having a meltdown and I run to fetch the pepto bismol from my bag.

When I return she's hurling into a different trash can and the girls are worried.

"We have five minutes left" Yeong Chan says with worry in her eyes.

"Come, i'll help you prepare, let Ha ni take care of Anna" Onew says and takes Yeong Chan and Amber with him.

With the help of the crew I get Anna to drink the medicine and get her all cleaned up.

"Two minutes!" Hyung yells in my direction.

I grab Anna by the shoulders and see the fear in her eyes.

"Look at me! You are going to be OK. You hear me?"

She nods yes and I give her a gentle push to join the others. Onew is next to Yeong Chan and gives her a thumbs up. In the rush of the moment Yeong Chan kisses Onew on the cheek leaving him all flustered before they go on stage. The girls manage to get to center stage without tripping, so we're off to a good start. Now I'm just worried for Onew who's rubbing his cheek and starring off into the distance like an idiot.

Taemin comes to my side to ease my nerves. I begin to chew on my thumb Nail and he slaps it away from my mouth.

"They'll be Fine" he says and points to the stage where Yeong Chan begins to sing.  The girls follow her lead and hit each note perfectly. Amber, although being the quietest, has the most potent voice. Anna doesn't show a hint of the fear she had a couple of minutes ago as she does her rap with attitude. Yeong Chan sings the final note as she points her finger up to the sky. Pink glitter falls from the roof and the audience is loving it.

I take a sigh of relief and Taemin goes back up on stage with the rest of the boys to bid goodnight to the fans.

  They stand on stage all together laughing and goofing around so the fans can take pictures and videos. Jong takes out his phone and takes a Selfie with the excited crowd. I leave the side of the stage to go pack our stuff.  I walk over to the dressing Room and see Hyung talking to someone, he waves his hand and turns to come in my direction. Its the CEO.

"What is he doing here?" I ask Hyung when he passes by me.

"You tell me. He was asking for you" Hyung says with a weird expression on his face.

Why would Soo Hi's husband be looking for me?

He sees me standing there and waves me over. I obey and appear before him.

"Miss Ha Ni! Pleasure to see you as always" he says and pouts with his slimy lips. Now I really feel bad for Soo Hi.

"What can I help you with Sir?" I say calmly. He smiles and shrugs his heavy shoulders.

"I just came to say that your doing a splendid job with the girls, they're performance was a hit! And we wouldn't have been able to do it without you" he says and picks up my hand. In shock, I freeze as his clamy lips touch the skin on my hand.

"Till next time" he says with a smirk on his face, and keaves me standing there with my hand extended.

What just happened?