Chapter Five

I can smell cinnamon.

Me and Soo Hi are in the Kitchen making cinnamon buns together. Sunlight is streaming through the windows warming up our cozy kitchen.

"Now we can put on the frosting Kigo!" She says and hands me the buns so I can help her frost them. We laugh and giggle and draw silly things on our buns.

"This one is for you" I remember saying to her as I hand her a cinnamon bun with a frosting heart on it.

She smiles and ruffles my hair gently.

"OK, then I'll eat it now" I can feel my insides bubbling, happy that she took my gift. Before she puts it in her mouth, she puts a bit of frosting on my nose and laughs.

We were happy.

What happened to us?

I slowly and painfully return to reality. I'm in my room with Taemin by my side.

"You awake?" he says gently. I shift a little and he puts the covers over me.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Where's everyone?" I say, now remembering that I didn't say hi to anyone when we came back from the wedding.

"They're already sleeping, by they all came to check I up on you. Megan made you some chicken soup, here"

He hands me the bowl with soup and I sit up to eat it. The warm liquid warms my insides and relieves my headache. Thank you Megan.

"I knew we should have left immediately. Its my fault I couldn't protect you. I should've followed my instincts" he balls up his fist in frustration.

"What? And never allow me to pee again?" I say and take hold of his hand.

"It's not your fault, I needed to use the restroom, I insisted on going. No one can change that"

" But-" he doesn't finish his sentence because I don't let him.

I kiss him softly and he sighs.

"You know I'm just worried about you right?" He says.

"I know"

I finish the soup and eventually fall back asleep.

The next morning I feel about as heavy as an elephant. When I get up to brush my teeth, I need to hang on to the walls to not disorient myself.

When I leave the restroom, Key is already at the door with his eyes squinted.

"Morning" he slurs at me, and then topples into the bathroom.

I go to the kitchen and check the clock. Seven am on the dot. I make myself some honey tea and try to organize my thoughts for the day.

My process is interrupted when someone lays their head on my shoulder and puts their arms around my neck.

"Mmmmmmm how you feeling?" Onew says half talking and half yawning.

" I'm good" I say and pat him on the shoulder. He then sits down in Front of me at the table and rubs at his eyes.

"Manager Hung texted me last night after you got here" he says groggily.

" He did? What did he say?" I almost forgot that Manager Hyung was at the wedding as well, he must have seen or heard the commotion.

" First he asked if you were OK, then he said to tell you to call him as soon as you got the message"

Onew drops his head down on the table to rest and it doesn't take long before he's snoring again.