Chapter Twenty-four

My mind is racing but I ignore it. Tonight is my last night in China with Taemin.

The hotel has a Paris inspired restaurant and he made reservations for us. He said he had some things to take care of so he left early. So that gives me time to prepare myself.

I put on a flowing white dress that goes all the way down to my ankles. I leave my hair loose just the way he likes it. Tonight is our night as a couple.

I leave the room and catch Megan and Jong making out in the hallway. She pushes him away and clears her throat when she sees me.

"You know it would be better if you did that in a room, not a hallway" I say and walk past.

She sticks her tounge out at me and jong salutes "yes sir!"

I roll my eyes and keep walking.

I reach the restaurant getting appraising looks from whoever I pass.

"Pardon moi Mademoiselle, C'est tres jolie" the man at the entrance says to me and kisses my hand.

"Oui, elle est jolie" a familiar voice says behind me. I turn around to see Taemin dressed in a tux looking positively dashing with his hair slicked back.

The man doesn't look happy to see Taemin holding on to my waist and gives him a weak smile to be polite. I smile brightly in return and Taemin extends his hand forward.

"Mademoiselle..." he says and let's me pass first.

I glide towards our table feeling like the most beautiful woman in the room. With Taemin's hand at the small of my back guiding me, I keep my head held high.

Our table is positioned by the glass wall with a gorgeous view of Beijing city covered in Christmas lights. He pulls the chair out for me and I sit down as gracefully as possible.

"Since when do you speak french?" I say and give him a playful smile.

He laughs and and looks at me with those piercing eyes.

"I know just enough to defend my woman" he says and I clap in amusement. He bites his lip and crosses his arms.

"What are you staring at?" I say and push my hair behind my ear.

"My future. My beautiful, amazing, radiant, and incredibly sexy future" he says and I blush and kick him from under the table.

"What? I'ts true!" We laugh together and a waiter comes by and serves us wine.

"Your wife?" He says with a smile on his face. Taemin smiles up at him. "Will be, I'm suprised she said yes" he says and I hide my face in my hands.

"C'est jolie" the waiter says and Taemin holds my hand.

"Oui, merci Monsieur " Taemin replies. it takes all my inner strength not to drool at him like an idiot right now. The waiter leaves and I tap him.

"What did he say?"

"He says your beautiful" Taemin says and I gasp.

"He's so sweet!" I say and put my hand on my chest.

"He's not being sweet, he's just stating the truth" he says and winks at me.

The rest of our dinner is spent laughing and flirting. Even when our food arrives, we can't take our eyes off each other. Our smiles seem glued to our faces. When we finish dessert, he says he has a surprise for me. He takes me outside by the pool and tells me to wait there.

When he leaves I twirl in my heels. I'm so happy I could fly.

The lights shut off leaving me alone in the dark.

"Taemin was that you?" I say and hold myself. It's cold out here.

No reply.

"Baby?" I say.

"You'll call me that soon"

The dark voice comes from behind me and before I can turn around. I'm pushed.

The splash rings in my ears as I sink into the frozen water. I can feel my heart pumping out more blood to keep me warm. I see a silhouette above me from under water. The image is blurry and distorted. But I won't forget it. The water is so cold that I can't think straight, all I can see is the bubbles of air escaping from my mouth.

My limbs refuse to respond and I begin to fear this will be my end.

Something disturbs the water and I manage to turn my head.

Someone is swimming towards me. But in the darkness, its impossible to tell who it is.

I close my eyes, afraid to see the face of my killer or Savior.

I'm grabbed by the waist and pulled up. I feel when we break the surface but am too cold to use my lungs. I hear shouting, but I can't make out the words. I feel as if every single part of my body was shivering. Something warm is draped over me and my mouth is opened by someone, air is blown into me and I can feel my lungs expand.

My senses revive and I gasp a breath.

"Oh thank god! She's awake! Hang on baby, I got you"

I'm lifted up and put in the arms of someone. I have yet to open my eyes.

The scent brings relief. Its Taemin.

A door slams open and I'm put into something cold. I shiver again and he sits down behind me.

"Just bare with me" he says and I hear water run. Sweet warmth reaches my toes and I regain feeling in them. Hands grab at me and rip off my dress and everything else. He comes behind me again and a hot rush of water sprinkles over my head. My body convulses at the sudden warmth. But it feels good.

"Your gonna be OK, I'm here. You have to be OK"

His voice registers fear and I make another attempt at opening my eyes.

The colors come slowly. The first thing I see is my legs in front of me, submerged in warm water, then Taemin's hands around my bare stomach.

"Baby?" He says and pushes off the hair plastered to my face. He sees my eyes open and sighs in relief.

"Am I naked?" I say.

"And.........she's alive. Thank goodness" He says with a sigh of relief. He inhales and I sink into him.

"Yes, you are. It was necessary to save your LIFE" he says and holds me tighter.

"Thank you" I say and focus on warming myself up.

We stay quiet in the tub.

Taemin silently fearing for my life and I thanking him for coming to my rescue.