Chapter Four

The CEO's double chin wiggles with excitement when Soo Hi says 'I do'

I can hear Taemin snicker next to me and I squeeze his hand harder. Everyone stands up when the rings are exchanged and clap when they exchange a kiss. As they walk down the runway hand in hand, rose petals descend from the roof.

Despite the reason I must be here, I look up to see the soft petals gracefully fall over us. It feels like a dream. Taemin must sense it too because he begins to place petals on the top of my head.

"What are you doing?" I say, I extend my hands so that the falling petals fall into my palm.

I hear a camera click and turn to see Taemin holding his phone and aiming it in my direction.

He smiles and shows me the picture. Now I realize that what he was doing was creating a rose petal crown on my head.

I must admit that the picture he took does look beautiful.

He comes to my side and poses for a selfie with me. Right as he presses the shutter he turns his head and plants a kiss on my cheek. I smack him on the arm and he laughs.

"I finally have a picture of us kissing!" he says triumphantly.

We're so caught up with the rose pedals like the little children we are, that we don't realize that everyone has already left to the reception area. We walk together down the rose pedal covered runway and follow the signs that lead us to the reception room.

The music has already started and the waiters lead us to our chairs. My palms get sweaty as we're lead toward the main table. I didn't expect for her to sit us next to her.

Thankfully she's not at the table, so me and Taemin get time to prepare ourselves mentally.

" Are you OK?" He says.

"I'm fine. Thanks for coming with me. I don't think I would have been able to do this without you" I confess.

"We're a team now. Where you go, I go" as he says this he receives a message a text message on his phone. As soon as he opens it he smiles.

"What is it?" I say and look over.

Jonghyun sent him a picture of everyone holding their thumbs up wishing us luck. We're so caught up laughing over the picture that we don't notice the reincarnation of Satan who sat down at the table.

"Isn't this a sight for sore eyes"

I can recognize her voice anywhere.

" Congratulations" I say and extend my hand over to the CEO. He shakes it joyfully and shakes Taemin's hand as well.

"It's good to see two young people such as yourselves, who work so hard for my company" the CEO says with a chuckle. In his acquaintance, I feel as if I'm at a businesses meeting instead of at a wedding.

"However darling, I don't recalled sending an invitation to any of the Shinee members?" As she says this, she fixes her gaze on Taemin. He seems undaunted by her accusation and proceeds to put his arm over my shoulder and pull me close.

"True, however my girlfriend received an invitation and considering how lovely she looks tonight, I was afraid she might attract too much male attention" he says his words with ease and poise.

My heart flutters within me. Nice save.

"Well of course! We could never ask a young lady to come without her partner, I'm sure my wife was just unaware of your relationship" the CEO says and puts a hand on Soo Hi's lap.

I see her flinch slightly.

And although she's not my favorite person in the world. Somewhere deep down I feel sorry for her.