Victory

Present

Seungri was disoriented but didn't argue when she grabbed him away. He only felt her exhale when they finally got inside his vehicle.

"Let's get out of here, please." She pleaded.

Without asking, the BigBang member obliged again and drove out of the basement club. It was almost two in the morning and most of the roads were already empty. He stopped in a nearby park and turned off the engine.

"Why did .. wait, you're shaking Choon-he."

Truth is, Ash Lee wanted to cry out loud with all the anxiety she felt for Seungri. Her fear then turned to slight anger and she regrettably hit the maknae across his face.

He gaped at her, surprised. "W-wh —"

"Did you do it or not?" She asked with tears starting to form in her eyes. "Tell me!" She exclaimed, lips quivering in fear that he would say yes to her question.

"What did I do now?"

The lingering tears then started to pour. "I'm not a fool Seungri. I know your friends are getting high with some laughing gas shit they've been inhaling in those balloons."

"Baby," Seungri said softly while keeping his calm "I would never, ever do that. I'll be honest — some of my friends usually intoxicate themselves at parties and I'm not really proud of that fact. I'm sorry you have to witness it but I swear Choon-he, I haven't tried it."

Total relief gushed over Ash Lee's body. She let all of her worries away and cried in muffled sobs. "W-why do y-you hang out ... with t-those people? T-T-they're not good for you."

The singer wanted to comfort her but he felt a sense of weird embarrassment crawling under his skin. "I .." he started hesitantly "I don't know, really. It just happened. Sometimes, being the youngest and the most unnoticeable in a group makes one strive for more and that's me Choon-he — I wanted more.

"I wanted to be the best in something my hyungs were not and it turned out that I'm good at talking to people, starting out investments, and even deejaying for fun. All of those I found in clubs and parties — the rich people, the extravagance I yearn for, and the freedom I never had. It's just that there are cons in every good thing in life — just like in businesses — and those were some of the dark sides you've seen tonight. But I felt like I belonged in there, Choon-he. I felt wanted." He confessed while looking away from her. "I'm sorry, I think I'm a little drunk. I shouldn't even drive. Such an idiot."

Ash Lee's forehead creased in worry. "Why didn't you tell anybody? There are a lot of other people you can be with to have fun. You have me, you have us."

"My hyungs will always see me as an incapable man. I have no reason to blame them anyway, I'm the maknae they grew up with. And to be honest, I'm not mad. I just want them to appreciate that I have other things I can be good at, too."

"You're good Seungri, that's a fact. But you can do what you want without associating yourself with dangerous people." She wanted to tell him about the incident with Jung Joon Young but kept her mouth shut. She decided that it was not right to use other people just to convince him.

Seungri rubbed his eyes with his hand and adjusted his chair back down. "I'm already way too deep in this, Choon-he." He muttered, while seemingly in a trance. "As much as I wanted to escape, I have no chance. There were so many times when I wanted to run away from all of this — even from you. I don't want to drag you into whatever mess I'd get into but you keep me together, I don't know how you do it. You know the real me. Heck, to who else would I mumble everything like this?