Flower Road

20th of August 2021
Seoul World Cup Stadium

"My beautiful flower's finally here." He ended with breath-taking smirk. "Neoneun naege saengmyeong-eul junda. (You give me life.)"

The woman blushed profusely as the people around her squealed and nudged her a bit. They were all giving her bright smiles and she couldn't feel happier than ever.

All of the fans cheered as the stage slowly brightened up. It revealed the men who stood up from the high chairs proudly with smiles on their faces — the four of them looking giddily at their nervous and fidgeting friend.

"I —" The man choked up and the members laughed aloud, making the people curious as to what's happening.

One of them patted him on his back and urged him to continue. "It's been years and I feel so grateful to our dear V.I.P.'s for suriving through with us. It has been a long and wild journey, from the moment we debuted, the times when we've been caught up with so many issues, fear of complete disbandment ... you stayed with us and gave us never-ending support. Without each and every one of you, we will not be able to stand here — on our fifteenth year as an idol group.

"I'm usually a private person but now, I'm here asking for a last favor, one that I'll greatly appreciate because this'll be one of the biggest decisions I'll make in my life — a choice I didn't even expect I'll be able to consider in this lifetime; and I want all of our fans to share this moment with me, with us." He smiled broadly as he scanned the audience down the stage. His eyes locked with the woman in a sparkly dress and a big lightstick on her back.

"I knew this girl when we were younger, back when I was still in the midst of finding what I really wanted to do in life. I was getting caught up with the world but there she was, the sole string that pulled me into reality like gravity. She didn't even try but she made me better, she made me love myself, she made me appreciate all the little things I experience in my daily life ... In other words, this woman made me happy. So happy that whenever I see her cute, dimpled smile, I wanted to freeze time right then just to constantly see her face. I know that's not possible but I came up with a solution for that."

Dong Young Bae nodded to the man and walked towards the end of the stage, down to where the woman was standing. The fans politely gave way to the singer as he grabbed her cold hand and brought her back with him.

The woman felt her heart racing and her mind was in a trance, making her feel overwhelmed as to what's happening.

Once she stood in front of the man, her eyes looked around the whole stadium, quickly checking the people's reactions — a habit she acquired as an artist. Some of the were smiling, some had their mouths open, and others were already tearing up. Panic surged from the pit of her stomach but when the man held her hands and made her look at him with loving eyes, everything turned black and the only person she could see was the man she loved.

"I want to see your beautiful face first thing every morning. I want to walk or run with you while holding your hand. I want to be noisy until you get annoyed. I want to sing you a song every night. I want to hear your soft whispers telling me how much you love me. I want to hold you and protect you all the time. I want to be the one to make you happy everyday." He paused to give her his infamous grin as he wiped the tears from her cheek. "Most importantly, I want to marry you, Miss Bae Choon-he."

The whole stadium erupted with joy and shock as the man got down on one knee and pulled out a ring out of his breast pocket. "Can you help me solve my problem and let me see your breath-taking smile everyday of our lives?"

The woman felt her whole body shake. All of it felt surreal. She pulled the man up without a word, making him and everbody confused. "You're the one who made you the man and the artist you are now. I was only a spectator, a supporter ..." She gave him a small smirk.

Everyone else held their breaths as the answer to the big question was still pending. One of the members finally complained. "Cheeky girl, don't let the poor man wait more. He already waited for years! Remember when you kissed the other —"

"Hush!" The woman groaned. "Don't ruin the moment, jerk."

They all laughed as the man took another nervous glance back at her, biting his lip with his eyebrows moving up and down urging for an answer. "She's taking revenge because I did this so publicly." He let out an icy chuckle.

She denied it bashfully by shaking her hand at the audience before cupping the man's face gently. He kissed her palm softly and readied himself for the reply.

"I'll be grateful to be your supporter for the rest of my life. I want to marry you, oppa."

The man couldn't help but grin widely as he slid the gold ring on the woman's finger where it glided very smoothly — a perfect fit.

The place was filled with happy screams as everyone congratulated the newly engaged couple. The woman wanted to kiss him right then but out of respect for the fans, she just gave him a long, tight hug. Before she could even worry about the people's reactions, they heard the whole stadium humming a familiar tune while they waved their lightsticks.

It was the introduction to BigBang's 2018 single, Flower Road. It made the woman tear up as she felt that everyone accepted their engagement whole-heartedly. She looked at the man proudly as he enveloped her back in his arms. The other members joined in the embrace and enjoyed the love they received from their fans around the world.

Right in that moment was Bae Choon-he's most valuable memory she wished she could never, ever forget.

___

I wonder if I write long chapters sometimes.

What are your thoughts so far about this story? I really want to make a solid decision about the husband by now. Yikes