chapter 030

The two of them stood far but had a good view of the front of the burning building which eventually collapsed but by that time they were already gone when they found a working car nearby and immediately drove back to the Williams home.

Vladimir was driving fast, glued his eyes on the street until he heard a suspicious sound right next to him so he glanced over at the boy sitting right next to him.

Aiden seemed upset.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I'm just worried. I hope my mother is all right"

He could feel his hands trembling, his heartbeat increasing and his tears rolling down his cheeks. However when opening his eyes, he noticed a warm hand embracing his cold one and knew it was the owner of his heart. A man who just by holding a hand is trying to suck his sadness and worry away.

Aiden smiled and held his hand back, embracing it tightly and taking deep breaths in and exhaling slowly.

After arriving, they spotted the police in front of Aiden's home.

Vladimir grabbed his seatbelt, however a hand stopped him from doing anything. He looked up and noticed the worried face of Aiden, who held his hand tightly.

"Did you forget who you are Vlad? You're not an ordinary citizen, you're a criminal. The police knows who you are. You can't go. I will"

Vladimir didn't allow it but he didn't have any other choice because he was right.

Aiden stepped out of the car, closed the car door and walked over to the horse and confronted the police.

"Hello sir, I'm Aiden Williams. My mother and another man were shot here, please tell me which hospital were they taken to"

The policemen exchanged glances before one man stepped closer and leaned forward making Aiden feel uncomfortable.

"Your father shot them, didn't he?"

Aiden gulped, lowered his head and nodded.

The policeman understood how he must feel so he tried to reassure Aide with a warm smile and gently placing his hand on his shoulder.

"Your mother and the man with her were taken to the Mill Hospital, it's only half an hour away from here. Shouldn't be that far"

Aiden thanked the men, turned around and rushed back to the car before closing the door and letting Vlad know. He started the car and without any precious time drove off.

After half an hour later, they arrived.

Vladimir parked the car somewhere nearby and after closing their car doors and locking it, they bolted inside.

They asked the first nurse they spotted, who wasn't able to help them so she apologized and rushed away from them.

"Maybe we could just ask the woman who's sitting right there", Aiden said. But Vladimir turned around, however couldn't believe what he eyes just passed. He glanced back at what he spotted then after realizing what it was he widened his eyes and slowly approached it.

It was Misha. He was lying on a white and clean bed which was being pushed by four nurses and two doctors were following behind and they walked pass Vladimir, who felt his body turning hard. He gulped as salty water filled his eyes, which slowly rolled down his cheeks and could feel his strength being sucked out. His body fell forward and his knees collapsed on the ground.

Aiden gasped.

He bit his teeth, trying to stop his tears but realizing it was too much, he raised his arm and covered his eyes.

Warm arms which were filled with motherhood and love were wrapped around the assumed cold heart of a poor man who lived a soulless life of a criminal.

Maria was bandaged up but still had the strength to hold the poor man in her innocent and motherhood arms. Gently stroking his back and smiling sweetly.

"Don't blame yourself like you've always done Vladimir", she whispered making Vladimir exhale and Aiden's tears to drip down from his cheeks.

To be Continued...

Thank you for reading!~♡

♡Please leave a vote and♡
♡comment your thoughts♡