Chapter 1

FTRs comment here so I can see you! Write your location, the time and your battery percentage!!

The Great Hall was nothing short of a world wonder. Large ornate fire pits lined the sides, giving inside both light and warmth on cold winter mornings like these. A giant gold polished bell hung from the wooden roof. The walls were decorated with colourful winter flowers and herbs that were indigenous to the territory- Terra Nullius, Latin for no man's land. Totems bearing the symbol of the Goddess were hung, asking for her blessing.

I stood, along with five of my sisters-in-arms, behind my Alpha in the centre of the hall while sixteen warriors of the South tribe stood on the outskirts. The traditional ceremony known as The Viewing had just started and we were the ones offering ourselves as mates.

The ceremony had been planned to stretch out over two days. It is a rite of passage for warriors that occurs once every season. Tradition dictates that a tribe from each pack and their Alpha will have to gather here in search for new pack members. Throughout the ceremony, each tribe will offer six females and six males to fight against each other. It is here that, somewhere among the frenzy, the Alphas choose individuals who are most suitable.

My fellow sisters-in-arms and I adorned identical red dresses that flowed down to our knees, two strands of our hair was braided and tied together at the back of our heads, making our faces look more feminine.

We used bright red clay, native and rare to parts of our territory, to mark our faces and arms with symbols of luck and war.

Two daggers hung from our back, crossing each other in hard leather sheaths. The only armour we wore was tied to our forearms and a long piece of malleable metal was wrapped around our necks for protection. We were all moulded into warriors since birth.

Opposite us were women of the North Orion tribe. Instead of dresses, they wore a dark green bottom with brown ribbon stitchings to keep their seams in place. Their top consisted of a matching piece of green fabric that wrapped around their upper torso.

The top of their shoulders were covered with armour that was tied to their arms. Their weapons consisted of a long sharp spear and a small hand shield. They also adorned war paint, but unlike ours, they had brown patterned stripes down their arms. They looked just as fierce as we did.

"It is time for the inspection," a female priestess announced as she walked down the gap between us and Orion's warriors. The markings on her body made me shiver. 

The priests and priestesses of the Great Hall consisted of former Alphas and Lunas who have lost their right to rule and wolves who have been banished from their packs for their crimes. Those who are forced here by their Alphas are stripped of their beauty and are marked with symbols of the Goddess.

They are forced to serve, brainwashed by those who had come before them. Fear and brute force are what they endure until their spirits are broken, and they are nothing more than tiny servants- shells of their former selves.

The Alpha of Orion slowly walked down our line, assessing and inspecting each female as he looked for signs that would make us unsuitable for his pack. He did this on each of my warrior sisters, slowly inspecting their scars, turning their heads, and feeling the bones in their arms for any bones that have healed incorrectly.

With my heart pumping at speeds that shouldn't be classified as healthy, I stared at the woman in front of me and watched as my Alpha slowly inspects her. To push down my nerves, I forced myself to focus on his meticulous search.

I snapped back to reality when I felt a hand on mine. My head jerked up to the large stranger in front of me, meeting his brilliant, vibrant violet eyes before I forced myself to look away.