Chapter 31

Kaelon

I focused on the Tundarum males in front of me, analysing how they held up against the warriors Zoron had hand picked.

So far, the spring ceremony was going well. I had already picked two females to take back to Orion, and I'm hoping to pick two males to even things out.

Suddenly, anxiety rose inside me like vines rapidly growing on a building, then, within a second, it felt like they were chopped off. Or, more specifically, I was blocked from feeling them anymore. I knew this feeling well. The anxiety wasn't mine and judging by how it felt, it was Edrik's.

I swore under my breath. Like knowing the difference between yellow and red, I knew the cause of Edrik's anxiety.

Fucking Keyan.

What was he playing at, arriving two days early? Whatever his plan was, I hoped getting me pissed was apart of it.

Pushing the thought out of my mind, I tried to focus on the display in front of me, counting down the seconds until I can choose the two males I wanted and leave.

I needed to get back to Orion and deal with this before Keyan makes a whole fucking mess.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, it was time to choose. Picking the two who stood out the most, I gave them each a green gemstone necklace, ending the ceremony.

I walked up to one of my warriors, stopping him from walking out with the crowd while the priestesses started to prepare for the welcome feast.

"Tell everyone they are to meet me outside my hut for an urgent meeting," I ordered, getting straight to the point.

"And what about the four warriors you've picked this season?" he asked, tilting his head.

I stopped myself from sighing. Zoron and Edrik wouldn't have needed extra instructions. "Leave them out of the loop. This is Orion's business and they haven't been initiated into the pack yet."

The warrior in front of me nodded before he bowed and left with the crowd. Turning to Logan, Alpha of Tundarum, I walked up to him before giving him my pleasantries. I didn't say to chat like I normally do, instead, I excused myself and left for my hut.

I waited for all ten warriors to gather before starting the meeting.

"Commander Edrik has informed me that Alpha Keyan has arrived early, therefore, we need to get back to Orion as soon as possible. This means that tonight, during the feast, I want to see none of you drinking. I need you sharp and ready to go once the feast has ended," I demanded.

"As for the four warriors I have selected to join our pack this season, no one is to tell them why we are leaving early until we have left Terra Nullius. I don't want them to spread this news to Alpha Logan."

They all nodded, understanding what I have told them. I quickly dismissed them to pack soon after.

Keyan better be ready for me when I return.

-- --

We arrived at Orion a little earlier than expected. The moon was rising when we were greeted by our patrols.

The Orion warriors disbanded, leaving me to escort the four Tundarum warriors to the pack house where they will stay until they're initiated into the pack. Motioning them to follow me, I led them to the middle of the territory.

Following tradition, all my commanders and Keyan should've greeted me upon my arrival, but my mate and my brother were visibly absent.