Chapter 6

I watched the blue sky turn orange from the steps of the packhouse while I waited for Alpha Kaelon to arrive. Nerves softly tickled my body as I thought about how I would measure up with the Alpha of Orion.

When I was in Fucus, there was no such thing as training with an Alpha. Alpha Thomas was always too busy, too unreachable at times to ever train alongside his pack members. Reidon and I would always get into trouble for trying to mimic the Alpha during our younger years.

I smiled at the memory. It had only been a few days since we last saw each other, but the emptiness of his departure from my everyday life was starting to make itself known in the pits of my stomach.

The thought of him watching the same sunset gave me slight comfort. "We'll see each other soon," I whispered, hoping the wind would carry my message to him.

I saw Alpha Kaelon walk out of the packhouse from where I sat. I stood to acknowledge him.

"Alpha Kaelon," I greeted, stopping myself from bowing which made me feel slightly ill-mannered.

"Let's begin," Alpha Kaelon replied as he walked down the steps and pulled off his light green shirt revealing nothing but bulky muscles. Scars littered his chest and arms in a way that made him more attractive yet seem extra dangerous. Forcing myself to stop ogling him, I began to undo the ribbons that held my uniform in place.

"We'll start by testing out your combat skills as a wolf," he continued. "Shift when you're ready."

Without missing a beat, Alpha Kaelon transformed into his big brown wolf. His glowing violet eyes watching me as I continued stripped down and called my wolf awake.

He tilted his head, motioning that we go into the forest before we start our training. I nodded, letting him know I understood what he meant. I met his pace as we jogged side by side for a short distance until arriving at a large circular clearing.

Alpha Kaelon brushed passed me, his fur softly caressing mine as he jogged to the middle. Shaking my wandering thoughts away, I joined him before we began our training.

We started off by circling each other, trying to pinpoint the other's weaknesses. Alpha Kaelon was confident, strong, and stacking with muscles, which made it hard to pinpoint anything other than the strength he oozed.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts when he suddenly changed his pacing. It was obvious that he was about to attack, so I made my move. I leapt towards him with baring-teeth, softly biting down on his shoulder when our bodies collided.

We rolled around the grass, nipping and biting each other until I won the upper hand. I was on top of him, but my smaller frame made it difficult for me to properly pin him down.

There was a naughty spark in his eyes which caused me to lose focus. I felt his hind legs placed firmly on my torso before I was flown off him, landing with a soft thump on the green grass. I quickly pushed myself up, looking back at him. The spark in his eyes was now gone, making me wonder if I ever saw it in the first place.

Alpha Kaelon lunged at me. I tried to move out of the way but I was too slow. Focus I growled at myself as he landed on top of me, pinning me down with his two front legs.

I struggled underneath him but his weight on me proved too heavy for me to escape. He bared his teeth at me, letting me know he was the victor. Reluctantly, I exposed my neck, letting him know that I had accepted defeat.

Alpha Kaelon pushed himself off me before he nudged me to get up. We continued our training until the moon was high in the sky. I easily kept pace with him, only slightly tiring towards the end.