Chapter 13

We arrived at Orion tired and fatigued. The five-day journey was harsh and exhausting, so when we were greeted by Edrik's familiar face, we all breathed out a sigh of relief.

We finally made it back.

We shifted back to our human skin and got changed in order to greet the awaiting second Commander.

I watched as Kaelon and Zoron went in for bear hugs, dearly missing the third half of their trio. The men looked ecstatic to see each other causing me to feel like I didn't really belong.

As if he sensed the change in my mood, Edrik looked over to me before scooping me up in a hug and spinning me around. I squealed from the unexpected momentum. "Don't think I forgot about you too!"

"Put her down," Kaelon commanded, possessiveness clear in his voice. Edrik smiled cheekily before he allowed me feet to settle back on the ground.

"Let's get back to the packhouse," Zoron suggested. "We have a lot to fill Edrik in."

Agreeing, the four of us headed further into the territory in our wolf forms, leaving the warriors to continue on with their patrol.

We arrived at the packhouse by the time the sun was starting to set. Wolves were still there, mingling with each other until their focus turned to us.

One by one, we were welcomed back. Kaelon was surrounded by wolves who greeted their Alpha with joy, clearing missing his presence in the pack.

It was strange seeing how much the people around us loved him- a vast difference from Alpha Thomas who, when he visited, barely got a welcome like this.

Once the greetings were all out of the way, the four of us walked inside and into the study.

There was a slight awkwardness in the air as we sat down. Edrik looked between the three of us, sensing the mood. His eyes landed on me, then my bare neck before his brows shot up in question.

"Don't," Kaelon commanded, stopping Edrik before he could even open his mouth. "We have more pressing matters to tell you."

"We need to increase patrols around the territory and increase the number of wolves in each patrol," Zoron started. "I'll  have two patrols in the South and West Tribes interlock each other so that each unit will pass the other throughout the day, good with you Kaelon?"

Kaelon nodded. "Edrik, have the East and North do the same. Work with Zoron on the interlocking system and make sure all four tribes know exactly what they need to do in case of an attack. I want them to be on the lookout of yellow eyes."

My mate turned to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. "Take care of it while I take care of this."

With a scowl on my face, he pulled me out of the study and up the stairs. We arrived in Kaelon's bedroom where he lifted me and chucked me onto the soft bed. Crawling on top of me, he placed a soft lingering kiss on my lips.

"You need to sleep," he ordered before he pulled on one of the purple gemstone necklaces, breaking the clasp that held it around his neck. He dangled it in front of me, showing me it's full beauty against the setting sun rays. "Ready to hear my side of the story?"

I grabbed the stone in my hands before looking up at Kaelon. He laid comfortably on top of me, supporting himself with his elbows.

My eyes landed on his lips causing my primal urges to surface, fogging up my mind and pushing away all my thoughts on anything other than the male laying on top of me. I felt my wolf surface, calling him to her.

Kaelon's eyes swirled between his usual violet to a deep purple. His wolf was surfacing and he was fighting him down.

With brows pulled together, Kaelon asked: "when did you last go through heat?"