Chapter 11

There was no telling how long it's been since I've was thrown into this room with these three women.

It was starting to feel like I been fighting off my sleep for a few days now, only dozing off for no more than a few minutes here and there.

It was clear now that Joslyn and Jenna were too far gone. They could barely speak without wailing and carrying on. The trauma was too much for them- no amount of training could prepare you for the real deal.

Kira, on the other hand, seemed to be handling it okay. She cried sometimes, but who wouldn't. Her head was still screwed on, still in survival mode while the other two would probably take the easy way out if they had the chance.

"What's going to happen now?" I asked, "he did say he was going to come back."

I had refused to call the wolf who did this Reidon because there was no possible way it was. I was still in denial, I knew it deep now, but I didn't want this to be true.

Kira's hand squeezed my arm, pulling me down to her. "He takes one of us for his men," she says, fear littering her hushed voice "There used to be more of us here, but we're all that's left."

My heart sank to the pits of my stomach. "How long do we have until he comes back?"

Shaking her head, Kira slumped down. "There's no telling when he'll be back. I don't know how but he has all the males in the West Tribe supporting him."

It was hard to swallow that Fucus warriors would be supporting this monster. This wasn't what I grew up believing in, why is the West Tribe so different?

Most importantly, what happened to Reidon? So many questions lingered in my mind waiting to be answered.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Reidon and another male. The women all scattered behind me, using me as a cover.

I tried not to sink back and stand my ground, but the closer the two men approached me, the more fear rocked into my core.

Riedon's cold icy hands grasped onto my upper arm, forcefully tugging me up. The women behind me whimpered, no longer safe behind someone else.

The other male grabbed Jenna causing her to wail in distress. The sounds of her cries echoed the room causing Reidon to growl in annoyance.

"Stop crying," Reidon snarled, anger rising up in him. Jenna shut her mouth, covering it with her hands to muffle the sounds.

The males dragged us out, manoeuvring us through this maze of a house. Joslyn was right, we were in a cave, carved out to look like the insides of a stone house.

There were no windows, no candles and no fresh air. Strangely enough, the males had no problem seeing through the pitch-black.

We were brought in front of a large door. Reidon pulled me to him, his lips just touching the tip of my ear. "Be good, Edrei," he whispered, "you wouldn't want to embarrass me now, would you?" I sunk away from him, trying to put as much distance between us as possible.

I squinted as Reidon opened the door, the light that shone through burned my eyes and blurred everything in sight.

Tripping over myself, Reidon dragged me onto a stage with Jenna not far behind.

Once my eyes adjusted, I took in the sheer amount of male wolves who stood in front of me. There was probably 20 or 30 of them, crammed into this space. It was much more than I anticipated. I could never take them on, not without dying.

"Everyone," Reidon called bringing attention to him. "I would like you to meet my baby sister."

All sinister eyes landed on me. Yellow, dimly lit irises were all I could see. My stomach churned at the realisation that these wolves had the same thing Reidon had, their eyes were the exact same colour.