Chapter 23

I woke up about an hour later still naked and still tangled around Kaelon.

He had held me the while I slept, softly caressing my skin with his fingers. Patiently waiting for me to wake.

My eyes wandered around the room, adjusting to the dimly lit space. The sun had almost fully set and no candles were lit.

I felt Kaelon's lips pressed against my forehead, softly emitting sparks all over my body.

I snuggled into him, loving the feeling of his skin on mine.

The two knocks on the door broke our silence. I lifted myself up as my eyes flickered to the door.

Pushing myself off the bed, I scrambled to get my clothes on causing Kaelon to chuckle. He slid off the bed before he joined me, putting his clothes back on.

Once we both were ready, Kaelon opened the door, stepping outside with me.

Edrik was waiting for us, standing a little further down the hallway. His arms were crossed, face slightly tense.

"Edrik," Kaelon greeted, the playfulness in him now gone.

"Our patrols have crossed paths with Alpha Keyan and a small group of his warriors entering Orion," Edrik reported.

Kaelon stiffened, mimicking the tension in Edrik's body. "What does he want?"

"A treaty between Arctos and Orion. He said he is willing to put everything behind him if you end the treaty with Nubilus ."

Kaelon growled, grabbing my hand. "And if I don't?"

Edrik pressed his lips in a line. "You know him better than anyone. What do you think will happen?"

"Where is he now?"

"On his way here with Zoron. They took the scenic route so I would get here first but expect them to arrive any minute now."

Kaelon's grip on my hand tightened. He led me down the stairs and to the steps of the packhouse.

"Who is Alpha Keyan?" I asked, staying alert by looking around the dark forest for glowing wolf eyes.

"My brother," Kaelon gritted out. "And the Alpha of Arctos, my previous pack."

My head snapped to him. Brother? Previous pack? Kaelon wasn't born in Orion? I pulled my eyebrows together. Kaelon never mentioned living in another pack, all he ever talked about was Orion.

He also never mentioned having a brother. Hell, he never mentioned anything about his family. I pressed my lips in a line, feeling slightly hurt that I had just found this out now. Would he have ever told me if Keyan hadn't crossed our borders?

The dark forest around us glowed with different coloured eyes, signalling their arrival. I scanned the area, taking in each set of eyes before landing a two violet- bluish hues.

Keyan.

His eyes were similar to Kaelon, only he had more blue in his iris. They were spectacular but not as beautiful as my mate.