Chapter 27

It took time, but I eventually simmered down after going for a long walk. I was still in a shitty mood, but at least I've gotten a handle on my anger now.

When I arrived back to the pack house, I didn't expect Kaelon to be waiting for me, but there he was, leaning against the entrance, eyes fixed on me as I walked towards him.

"Feeling better now?" He asked, brows raised in question.

"A little. Still angry though," I replied pushing past him and pulling the door open. His hand shot up, blocking me from entering the packhouse. I turned back to him and crossed my arms. "What?"

"I want you to know that I'm taking what happened today seriously," he replied. "Zazel has told me what happened and what Sascha said and as a result, I've banned her from attending any upcoming pack events and entering the packhouse until we move into our new home. This is your home right now Edrei, and I want you to feel safe in it."

Kaelon pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me. "I know you think I haven't done much before, but that's going to change. I am no longer going to let small acts of defiance against you, me or our pup slide. I will not tolerate any threats to my family."

"Good," I replied, grabbing his arms and unwrapping them from my waist. Don't get me wrong, I was happy with the steps he took to solve the issue between Sascha and me, but he didn't need to know that. I wanted him to work a little harder.

Without another look towards his direction, I walked inside, leaving him a little perplexed and wondering what else he needed to do.

A devious smile dance on my lips as I felt his gaze on me. Striding away with confidence, I walked towards the kitchen. I needed a victory slice of cake.

Zazel was there when I arrived, sitting on a tall stool and playing with the dried pieces of dough in front of her. I had completely forgotten about what I was doing before Sascha came.

"Oh my god Zazel, I completely forgot that we were making cookies together. I'm so sorry I just left you here," I told the little girl, eyes widening in horror.

Zazel looked up at me through her lashes. She slid off her stool, standing up with her head down, showing me her submission. She was scared of me.

My mouth dropped when I realised she probably saw everything that happened. I hadn't thought about her when I was in my fit of rage.

"Zazel. Stop, you don't need to submit to me. I won't hurt you, you do know that?" I asked.

The little girl lifted her head, her eyes carefully settling on me. "Are you sure?" She asked. "I don't want to accidentally offend your wolf."

"Yes, I'm certain. I'm so sorry you had to see that. I lost control, and there is no excuse for it. I should've told you to leave before anything happened."

Her lips curved up in an attempt to smile before deflating back into a line. She was still scared.

"Zazel, I know I said there was no excuse for me losing control, but do you know why I did?" I asked, wanting to explain what happened so that she understood.

She shrugged her shoulders. "It was something Sascha said wasn't it?"

I nodded. "Sascha threatened my baby and that's something you should never to do anyone who's pregnant."

Zazel nodded, shoulders slightly relaxing. "I kind of understand now," she replied, eyes meeting mine again.

"How about we clean this up and try again later?"

The little girl nodded, quietly doing as she's told, helping me put everything back in its place. Once we were done, I dismissed her from her duties. I could tell she was still a little shaken up and I hoped with time, she'll come out of it fine.