Chapter 22

Hey guys. There is a part in this chapter that will get really steamy. It will be marked with

•~~~~•

So when you see it, you can move onto the next chapter if you're not interested in reading it.

Pearie xx

Chapter 22

I sat in the sidelines for the first time in my life. It felt weird to do nothing but watch the people in front of you go at each other with sharp weapons.

Training was out of the question now that I was officially pregnant. My heat guaranteed my pregnancy, but it didn't make any promises I would give birth.

Of course, nobody thought about that side of things. The percentage of miscarriages in females was quite low, but they still happened from time to time.

Kaelon made sure to remind me of this when I thought about picking up my favourite daggers. I didn't want to risk that, already feeling a bond with the clump of cells in my womb.

So I sat on the sidelines as I watched Kaelon, Zoron and Edrik take turns duelling each other.

My body twitched and itched instinctively as I looked on. Imagining what I'd do if I was on the mat right now.

Hearing the putter patter of tiny feet on the stairwell, I turned to the entrance of the dojo to see Zazel running down the steps.

She ran to me, huffing and puffing before stopping just before she could run me over.

Her eyes glanced around my face then down to my stomach. "People are saying that you're pregnant Edrei!" She announced, smiling with glee. "Is it true?"

Once I nodded, Zazel tackled me with the largest and warmest embrace. She wrapped her skinny arms around me, laughing with joy, almost causing me to tip over on the bench I sat on.

"I'm so happy! It's like when my mum told me she was having my little brother!" She squealed before sitting down next to me, joining me in watching all three leaders train.

"What are you going to name the baby?" She asked me.

I laughed, not even thinking about anything like that yet. "I'm not sure. I haven't thought about any baby names."

"What about Alpha Kaelon? Has he thought about any names?"

Glancing at my mate in the middle of training, I shook my head. "If he has, he hasn't shared anything with me."

Zazel sighed, looking at the three leaders on the mat. "I wish I could train," she huffed out in disappointment.

Turning to her, I crooked my eyebrow up. I have never wondered why she was in the kitchens rather than outside, training along with the other pups her age until now.

"Why don't you?"

The little girl beside me coward slightly. "Because I'm not strong enough or fast enough. I used to train with other pups my age, but I fell behind with everything because the spears they gave me were too heavy to hold. Everyone else seemed to be okay with it and they could hold it with one hand."

Zazel huffed. "But it doesn't matter. My mum says that not everyone is born to be a warrior because if everyone was, then there wouldn't be hunters to bring the pack food and blacksmiths to forge our weapons."

"That's very true," I replied, feeling slightly sorry for the pup. I turned back to the three men on the mat, watching as they fought one another.

Zazel's disappointment could be felt in the air, demanding that I do something to relieve it.