Chapter 37

It was late afternoon when Keyan arrived in our territory with his Second Commander- Aton and a whole tribe of wolves. From the smell that lingered on their clothes, it seemed like they had uprooted the whole of Arctos and brought them to our gates.

The brothers greeted each other formally, grasping each other's hands and hugging before Keyan turned to me. He looked at me up and down with disapproval.

"How far have you let her fall?" He asked Kaelon, lips curving down in anger.

"She hasn't fallen anywhere. Last night they had a party and she drank a little too much," Kaelon replied, annoyance clear in his tone.

"That better be the case," Keyan replied before pulling me into a hug. He wrapped his arms tightly around me, clearly missing me as much as I missed him.

"We should start sharing our strategies for this war. We only have a short amount of time to organise things," Kaelon ordered, clearing giving us the sign to stop hugging.

I pulled away from Keyan before joining my mate. The two of us turned around, leading the Keyan and Aton into the study while the rest of the warriors started to make camp in front of the pack house. We didn't have enough beds for everyone.

"Edrik and Zoron will be here soon," Kaelon said, opening the doors to the study. "Take a seat in the meantime."

My face twisted slightly at the mention of Zoron. He still hasn't apologised to me or thanked me for not exposing him to Alina. It doesn't matter anyway, I need to professional and what's exactly what I'm going to do.

I sat next to Kaelon while Keyan and Aton found their seats. I gave them a smile as we waited for the other two commanders to arrive.

"What have you been up to Edrei?" Keyan asked, breaking the slightly awkward silence.

"It's been pretty busy since you left," I replied. "I've finally taken over commanding the North tribe, so I've been pretty busy training them and preparing for this war," I replied.

Keyan smiled. "Perhaps tonight you can quickly give me a tour over there. I don't think I've been to the North tribe, or at least seen all of it."

"You have. You just ran through it with all your warriors," Kaelon replied, shutting down the idea before I had the chance to reply.

Keyan rolled his eyes at his brother before winking cheekily at me. I giggled, shaking my head.

The doors of the study swung open revealing Zoron and Edrik. They hurried inside before taking their seats.

"Let's begin," Kaelon announced. "First, let's start off with our numbers. We have a little over 170 warriors in Orion who have been cleared to fight."

"We have 156 exactly. Which means our numbers equate a little over 325 warriors," Keyan replied, quickly calculating the numbers in his head. "If we surround Nublius and attack from 8 different points, we'll have them surrounded."

"Around 40 warriors per point?" Edrik asked. "That could work. But we'll also need to think about where their towns are situated. We can't waste 40 warriors storming a rural area when only 10 or 20 are needed."

I stood up, quickly scurrying to the bookshelf and pulling out the map of Nublius, drawn from and updated from the memories of previous Alphas who have stepped foot there.

Placing the large map on the table, I unfolded it. "This is our map of Nublius. Kaelon's updated it a little, but he hasn't seen all of Dorian's territory, so the faded drawings may not be as accurate as we would like."

"It'll have to do," Keyan replied standing up to examine the map and all its contents. The rest of us stood up too, forming a huddle around the old, faded cloth.