Chapter 30

Blood. My legs were covered in it. I was surprised we weren't drowning considering how much was pouring out of me.

"Breathe Edrei," Keyan ordered, kneeling next to me. I crawled towards his scent. So much like Kaelon yet also so different. I had no other choice, it was worse without him here.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, fingers digging into his shoulders every time the muscles around my uterus clenched.

I know I said I didn't need him and I was right. I didn't need him, I needed Kaelon, but where was he? Where was he when I needed him most?

Keyan held me, wrapping his arms around my waist, holding me up as I leaned into him. I clenched my jaw to stop myself from screaming as another contraction burned through my body.

Fuck. Where was Kaelon?

"Breathe."

My tears soaked his shirt, my blood-soaked the floor he kneeled on and my fingernails left bloody imprints on his shoulders.

I could smell our blood in the air, lingering around us like a heavy fog, tainting everything around me and making it harder for me to breathe.

"I can't do this Keyan," I cried as if I had a choice. "I don't want to."

"I know it's hard, but you can do this. You're not weak Edrei, you're strong, stronger than anyone I know."

My womb felt like it was on fire, burning everything away, cleansing it free. I buried my face into Keyan's shoulder, trying to run away from the pain.

I felt his blood smearing against my cheeks, wet and thick. My fingernails have dug their way past his skin and into his muscles. His wounds were much deeper than I thought.

Why was he still helping me through this?

I started to shake, feeling my wolf urging me to let her take control. Holding onto Keyan tighter, I fought her, pushing her down and releasing my body from her grasp.

As long as I don't shift, I can still save my baby.

"Edrei, you need to let your wolf take over. Stop fighting her."

"No," I cried, digging my nails further into Keyan's shoulders as another contraction vibrated through my stomach. "No."

"Edrei, it's too late to save your pup. Let your wolf take over now."

I pushed myself away from him, feeling the anger rising through me. Why did he have to say it out loud? Why wouldn't he just leave me? Why was he doing this?

"How would you know? You don't know shit Keyan, stop acting like you do," I screamed, feeling the raging run through me. "I don't have to shift. I don't want to."

Keyan's eyes hardened. "The sooner you let your wolf take over, the faster this will be over. Your pup is gone, Edrei. There is nothing you can do to save it, now shift."

"Shut up," I screamed, digging my nails into my palms as my stomach clenched, squeezing out the last bits of my womb.

"Do it now Edrei. End this once and for all."

Fury rose inside me, making it harder for me to control my wolf. I started to shake harder as my wolf slowly gained control.