Chapter 36

A bath and a change of clothes later, Kaelon and I parted ways. He opted to go for a run to make his final rounds, while I decided to spend my time with Jase, Anneli and Irina.

Walking up to Anneli's house, I knocked on the door. Upon entering, I wasn't that surprised to see that Jase and Irina were already there along with Anneli's mate- Theo and Irina's mate- Edvard.

"We were wondering when you'd show up," Irina commented, sitting comfortably on Anneli's couch with a plate of cookies resting on her small bump. Edvard stood next to her, softly playing with her hair.

"I'm surprised you took this long to get here. Let me guess..." Jase said before his face scrunched up and he pressed his lips together. "Never mind. Already know."

I shot daggers at the back of his head, watching as he retreated next to Irina, cheeks slightly pink.

Anneli made a face. "Oh, grow up Jase. What did you expect?"

"I expected her to at least take a bath before coming here," he replied, crossing his arms.

"I did!" I snapped.

Anneli shook her head. She walked up to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me over to sit next to her. "I'm pretty sure Alpha Kaelon's sperm is more potent than yours Jase. Her scent would've barely changed after one."

Irina put down her half-eaten cookie. "I'm going to leave if this is all you talk about." She looked up at me. "Please don't tell me this is all they talk about."

"Yeah, can we please change-"

"How would you know?" Jase interrupted with confidence. He glanced at Theo before he shrugged, feeling cocky about himself.

Anneli sighed before shaking her head. "I sometimes think you forget about that time when we were 16."

My eyes widened as I looked between her and Jase. "What?" I  yelled in surprise.

"When?" Irina yelled in unison.

Theo stood up from where he sat, crossing his arms and puffing out his chest. He stared Jase down, daring him to say anymore.

Anneli shrugged her shoulders. "Proves my point exactly. Your scent was so easy to wash off, nobody even knew."

"Maybe it's because I didn't finish," Jase replied, trying to defend himself. His eyes flickered to Theo. "Which would've been a good thing," he added, voice wavering.

A wicked, knowing smile appeared on Anneli's lips. "Oh trust me, you did. I had to wash my hair."

Theo's growl echoed through the living room. Anneli stood, without a care and walked over to him. She leaned into his ear, whispering something which made him relax slightly.

Flipping her hair, she walked back to me and took her seat. Shivers of disgust ran through me as the thought of Anneli covered in... I gagged. "Can we please talk about something else? I feel like I'm going to vomit."

"I don't know if it's the war affecting you or if you three are way too close, but I agree, let's change the subject," Irina added, face scrunched up.

"Alright then," Anneli replied. "How about we pack some food, go outside and have a picnic?"

Jase bolted up from the couch. "Doesn't sound like a bad idea. The room was starting to get stuffy after you mentioned that all of you smelt like sex."

"Grow up Jase," Anneli bit back. "Right then, let's quickly pack some things and go!" She pushed herself up from the couch and walked into the living room.