four

'I think i'd miss you, even if we never met'

"That guy was so fucking hot, why did you leave?" Libby questions me as Charity raids the desert table once more, i sigh looking over at him, i've felt his eyes burning through my skull ever since i walked off, he currently talks to two other men,...

"That guy was so fucking hot, why did you leave?" Libby questions me as Charity raids the desert table once more, i sigh looking over at him, i've felt his eyes burning through my skull ever since i walked off, he currently talks to two other men, however his eyes repeatedly fall to mine.

I turn my head back to Libby, "I kept embarrassing myself, also i don't need a guy in my life, I need to focus on Charity," I say as i turn back to my sister, "Yet you still gave him your number." She says with raised brows and immediately i feel the blush run to my cheeks.

"I don't know, i feel like i was being pushed by this ghost, like i couldn't stay away from him, and so i gave him my number, i don't know, i'm probably going insane." I sigh as Charity rushes back to us, "Or your brain is pushing you to take a chance." Libby mentions before leaning down and greeting Charity.

A sigh escapes my lips, is it really just me pushing myself? I've never bothered with guys, i always focused on Charity due to mamma's absence, I never really cared for my appearance either so i always assumed guys would steer
clear of me.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when i feel a tug at my dress, "Dance Ammy!" Charity exclaims happily before grabbing my hand and dragging me to the dance floor. We sway together as i occasionally spin her, a wide smile grows on my face as i forget my recent troubles, she giggles like a maniac as i spin her again before the music slows to a halt.

I turn to the stage as i spot Titus, his tall frame looking gigantesque as he stands on the raised floor. I usher Charity off the dance floor as everyone else does the same, quickly going to stand by Libby who speaks to some guy i haven't seen before.

"Hello, My name is Titus, and i wanted to thank you all for coming today," He speaks with his deep voice, both Libby and her male friend look up to the stage as they watch Titus, I make sure Charity is ok before keeping my eyes towards him,

"Tonight we are setting up a donation box over in that corner, all proceeds will go towards charity," At this my sister looks up at the man, her head tilted causing me to giggle as i lose focus on his words, "Not you care bear," I say with a laugh causing her to go back to whatever she was doing.

I pull my phone out of the small clutch i brought and almost gasp as i see the time displayed over the screen, "Libby, we should go, It's way past Charitys bedtime," I say showing her the screen, i'm very adamant about keeping a routine for her, i don't want her to turn into a teenager who stays up at one am and doesn't wake up the next morning.

Libby rolls her eyes at me before saying goodbye to her guy friend and following me as i walk Charity to the exit, i spare one last glance to Titus, whose eyes are already trained on me, before leaving.

A yawn escapes my lips as i snuggle closer to my pillow, not ready to wake up to my blaring alarm. "Ammy?" I hear Charitys voice, before her tiny hands hit my arm lightly, "Ammy? It's school time," She says eliciting a groan from me, it's been a few days since the 'ball' and schools electrical problem or whatever it was, has been fixed.

"I'm coming," I state, pushing myself up, "Go get dressed," Charity nods before rushing out and into her room as i rub my eyes the bright light takes a while to adjust to but once i'm finally awake, i hurry to my closet, i pull a pair of high waisted jeans with rips at the knee along with a black singlet style shirt, i grab a cream cardigan and a pair of white converse before hurrying to my mirror.

I apply a light amount of makeup, mostly consisting of eyeliner, mascara and concealer before placing my blue contact in and pulling up half my hair, placing it in a pony at the top of my head, my ringlets fall down to my waist and i decide to leave them be as i head out the room.

I quickly spot Charity as she pulls on a pair of flat, black ankle boots, she chose a black skater skirt with a white plain tee and left her hair down, i smile at my independent sister before rushing into the kitchen to grab us some breakfast, I sigh as i see the practically empty cupboard, only managing to pull out a small breakfast bar which i hand to Amity, i guess i'm going hungry.

"Come on," I say, ushering her to the door, i grab her small backpack and hand it to her before grabbing my handbag before hurrying out the door, locking it behind us. I always walk, firstly cause i can't pass my drivers test and also because i don't have a lift anyway, Libby always insists on coming to grab us but i point blank refuse, once she came anyway and had to follow me while i walked.

We are lucky enough to have a kindergarten that is part of our school, it's a pretty big school considering we have kindergarten to seniors. So all i have to do is walk Charity to her class room and then rush to home room which, lucky me, is on the opposite side of the school.

I look down at Charity who's hand is placed in mine, while she's only young, i can tell she is gonna be taller than me, i was unlucky enough to get my moms short genes, however i think she dodged a bullet. I watch as she grows increasingly anxious yet excited, my sister loves school, however, she does get the occasional harsh comment about her eyes, which is why i've always hid mine, but she prefers to have people know it exists.

As soon as we reach the large building, I'm immediately drawn to the 'popular clique' as they sit around the fountain as if they own the place, i really don't like how they talk about people, but i have to admit, all of them are drop dead gorgeous, something i aspire to be.

"C'mon Care Bear," I say leading her away, as they look in our direction, people do occasionally give me weird looks when i walk in with Charity, not that i understand why, it is normal for siblings to walk their brother or sisters to their class, i guess it's more to do with the fact i'm the one to attend her parent-teacher meetings and take her home when she's sick.

I kiss the top of her head as i leave her outside her classroom, watching her go in before making my way to the outside benches were i regularly wait for Libby. I pull out my phone scrolling aimlessly as my mind drifts to the ball. Or more specifically Titus, i gave him my number, yet he still hasn't called and i don't know how i feel about it, i really shouldn't care, but i can't help but wonder why.