thirty - eight

'still falling for you'

I've found her.

I link Lance as i walk towards my mate. She once again sits in front of the grave, staring down at the now muddy care bear with a tear stricken face. It's become a regular occurrence since the funeral a week ago, I wake up to a cold empty bed and find her here.

"I'm not ready to go back to school without you, I just keep seeing all these things that remind me of you, and i break down all over again." I look down as i watch the scene unfold, choosing not to disturb her. "But, I knew you better than i knew myself, and i know you would've wanted me to be happy, so i'm going to try."

"You know, technically you were a princess, Titus called you that but you were technically a princess, if we're talking in human terms. I know how much you wanted to be one. But I haven't been a very good Queen," She pauses, "I think you going did some good, as horrible as that is to say. It made me realize how short life is, it also made me realize how important this title is, you would've killed to be able to boss people around. So, i promise you, Charity, I promise you, I will be a princess for you, I will do my royal duty and I will tell everyone off and boss them around." A sad laugh escapes her lips.

"I miss you, I really do." She sniffles as she fiddles with the care bear before placing it back in front of the stone. "I hope she's taking care of you, the moon goddess. I have a feeling she has you, I don't know why, I just kind of know. I love you," I watch as she breaks down into little sobs immediately rushing towards her and placing my arms around her, she's ice cold, I almost forgot how shitty the weather was at the moment.

"C'mon, lets get you back inside." I say as i pull off the hoodie that covers my torso and place it over her. Carrying her back to our home as she dozed off in my arms.

When i awake, I'm back in bed, with strong arms encircled around my waist

When i awake, I'm back in bed, with strong arms encircled around my waist. I look up at the sleeping man with a smile, I love him. He's the last thing i have left. A small sigh leaves my lips. I need to move on, I need to become my old self again, Be happy. Which is easier said then done.

"Titus." I whisper as an idea comes to mind, something that should've happened ages ago but didn't because of everything. He groggily hums letting me know he's listening, "Can we go through with that Luna Ceremony you mentioned." I swear he has to have gotten whiplash with the speed he sits up.

"Are you sure? I mean with everything that's been going on everyone understands why it's taken so long, they aren't gonna push us into it, and i'm not gonna push you into it, but are you sure, you know after that there's no way to get out, it's like marriage except you can't divorce me, I mean-," I cut off his admittedly adorable rambling.

"I'm sure, I loved...Love Charity, but i cant let her going consume me, I need to move on and i think that this would be a good start," I explain causing Titus to nod before his eyes widen, "You do realize what comes after that right? Cause i'm not letting you go in blind, I don't want you getting pressured into something you're not ready to do..." I tune him out.

The magnificent 'mating process' if they weren't half wolf, that phrase would make me cringe. The real question is, am i ready for that? The answer is yes. Only time will tell, but i love Titus, i really do and i mean our situation is kind of special, There is no one i would rather give that part of me to than him.

"Titus, Im aware, and I love you, Whether it happens or not i'm okay with that, because I love you." I explain as i cup his cheeks, I have to admit i feel slightly guilty for the happiness i feel but i know she wouldn't have wanted me to be upset, to mourn her until the day i die.

"Then, I will call my mother."