five

'I look at you and i see the rest of my life in front of my eyes'

I sigh in frustration as i take another swig of the whiskey in my hand, staring at my phone

I sigh in frustration as i take another swig of the whiskey in my hand, staring at my phone. It's been a week since i last spoke to her, I've had men watching her since i met her yet i can't man the fuck up and call her.

I run a hand through my tousled brown hair, as i spot myself in the mirror, a small amount of stubble is growing on my jaw, i look as though i haven't slept in a week, fuck she will never want me, Im so deep in my thoughts, i'm almost terrified when i suddenly see Lance in front of me.

"Are you still moping?" He questions as he sits in front of men "Why won't you just call her?" He asks, however i go against responding to him, "Well i just came to give you an update on her, She's doing great, went back to school a few days ago obviously, today she walked Charity to her class before meeting up with Libby, another wolf bumped into her and started a conversation with her, and then he sat with the girls at lunch-,"

"What did you just say?" I almost yell, rising from my seat as i try to contain my wolf, "A boy, another wolf, was sitting with my mate. Which pack is he in? I will have him killed immediately," I growl out as i pace around the room, the though of someone else having his grimy hands all over my mate made me sick to my stomach.

"That's the thing, Alpha, He was rogue." He explains, causing me to halt, The town, isn't part of our territory, it's human land, yet rogues choose to stay, almost starting a new life, not that i agree with the bastards living there but i have no choice but to accept it.

"I want people watching him, if this has something to do with the attacks," I trail off, praying she isn't in danger, I don't understand how people would know yet though, I made sure everyone in the party was either a member of my pack or a human, no rogues could've gotten in.

"She'll be safest if you're around her, Alpha, you need to call her, not only are you losing your sanity, but you could be putting her in danger and-," I cut him off as i slam my palm on the wooden desk, snapping it in two, I round the broken slabs of wood with long strides and lift Lance by his throat, gripping him tightly.

"Don't you ever, say that again," I scream, feeling my control slipping, "I am not putting her in danger," I shout once more before dropping a red in the face Lance to the ground. I run to my phone, dialing her number, my breaths heavy and my fists clenched, "Hello?" Her angelic voice questions i instantly feel my body relax, almost as if someone's drugged me.

I feel my heartbeat slow as i remember her beautiful features, her buttons nose, her multi-colored eyes her plump, up turned lips, Her melodic voice repeats in my head causing me to let out an approving sigh.

"Hello is anyone there?" She asks again, causing me to snap out of my trance, "It's me, Titus," I state, i swear i hear a sharp intake of breath but i choose not to mention anything, "Titus? I didn't think you'd call," She mentions causing my eyebrows to furrow, why wouldn't i call? Before i get to ask, she cuts me off "What did you need, I don't mean to sound rude but i have some friends over so i can't talk long,"

"I just wanted to make sure you're still alive," I joke causing her to giggle, "Yea well I-,"

"Amity, the movies about to start, get your cute lil ass in here," I hear a masculine voice call and once again, the anger bottled inside rushes to the surface, "Who was that?" I question trying to keep my voice neutral, "Oh just some friend from school, Can i call you tomorrow?" I reply with a quick 'sure' before hearing her say a goodbye and the hang up tone.

I feel my body shake as i chuck the phone to a wall, watching it as it smashes into pieces, I see Lance as he stands in the doorway, a bruise on his neck, "Take it you heard something you didn't wanna hear," He says, looking down at the broken glass.

"The fucking rogue is with her," I seethe, my heart feels heavy as i stare at the ground, i don't know what to do, not only do i have to approach her differently, i also need to make sure that rogue, doesn't try anything. "Lance, What's it like?" I question, my eyes becoming teary

"What do you mean?" He questions, coming closer to me, "Having a mate you know will love you," He sends me a reassuring look "The moon goddess isn't that cruel, you have done some fucked up shit, but she would never pair you with someone she knows you have no chance with." I nod at his words not completely sure if i believe him.

I stare down at the wounded Alpha with pity heavy in my heart, although i mustn't give him a free pass, he has killed so many, taken so many mates away from one another, caused so much sorrow and pain, he has his good point, yes, but he doesn't de...

I stare down at the wounded Alpha with pity heavy in my heart, although i mustn't give him a free pass, he has killed so many, taken so many mates away from one another, caused so much sorrow and pain, he has his good point, yes, but he doesn't deserve an easy journey.

"Selene, My love, Are you sure you haven't been to hard on the poor boy," I turn to face my mate as he stares down at the man as his Beta talks him down, "I could have given him no one, or a witch or even a vampire, i went fairly easy with the girl i chose, she's perfect for him, he just needs to make sure he's good to her, if everything goes to plan, no more blood shall be spilled unless necessary."

He nods as i turn my view to her, The rogue she's with is far to close for anyone's liking but i can not interfere, "Someone is planning something, something big, i can tell, there is no way a regular rogue would get this close to a human, he's pushing it and he knows it." I say to my mate who nods along as he watches the scene before us.

"You said she was perfect for him, how do you know my love? How do you know they aren't going to explode the minute they are together?" I sigh as i look down at the innocent young girl as she laughs hysterically at something on the television.

"She's so pure, so good and innocent, and he is so tainted, so murderous and dark, she's like an angel and he's like Lucifer. They are so different to one another they are almost the same. It sounds weird, i know, but he's always wanted his mate, i needed to give him someone whom he felt the need to protect, maybe then he could understand the pain he's causing, she's to good for his world, she won't stand by watching people get slaughtered either. They remind me of us." I finish turning to him.

"You mean the awful Alpha and the gorgeous daughter of the beta?" He speaks, standing from his seated position and placing his hands on my hips. "Exactly, except this time, she isn't going to get insanely jealous of his sister," He chuckles as he relives the memory, "And she's also going to have to adapt to this world i'm dragging her to, she doesn't have the ability to shift when she's in danger,"

I sigh as i wrap my arms around him, my eyes trailing back to the small human girl, I hope i made the right decision.