twenty - seven

'and i can't help but stare, cause i see truth somewhere in your eyes'

I peel my eyes open as i feel someone lightly shake me, the darkness surrounds me, the only light coming from the half way open door to the bedroom, "I'll see you in a few days, I'll call you

I peel my eyes open as i feel someone lightly shake me, the darkness surrounds me, the only light coming from the half way open door to the bedroom, "I'll see you in a few days, I'll call you." Titus whispers from above me, he places a light kiss on my puckered lips before leaving, i drowsily watch his figure retreat through the door before closing my eyes once more and returning to my sleep.

"Thank you so much," I speak to Titus' parents as they hold Charity, "I'm sorry to be such a bother," Maria chuckles as she sighs "Don't be silly, You've just gone through something terrifying, we understand needing some alone time

"Thank you so much," I speak to Titus' parents as they hold Charity, "I'm sorry to be such a bother," Maria chuckles as she sighs "Don't be silly, You've just gone through something terrifying, we understand needing some alone time." She hugs me and let's me say goodbye to my sister before leaving, her husband/mate behind her.

"Lance," I call out, Him and Darius instantly appear almost like magic. "Can i go on a walk?" I question, i need to breathe ever since Titus left this morning they've followed me everywhere it's cute but i need space, desperately. "Of course just let us-,"

"Alone," I cut them off they look torn, "Look, i won't leave the pack grounds, i'm safe here i just need some time to think by myself." Lance sighs but nods anyway, "But after an hour if you aren't back we are coming to find you." We come to an agreement and i leave the house.

The bitter wind brushes against my nude pink hoodie however it is nowhere near as bad as the frozen wind i experienced as i was tied to the pole. I sigh, i may have forgiven Titus far to easy but it's this stupid bond thing, he says i can't feel it as strong as he can but it's still hella strong, it's like a magnetic pull, and i can't control myself around him. A sigh escapes my lips, I can't stay away, I couldn't leave even if i wanted to, i don't care if it's quick and stupid but i'm falling in love with this man and it's terrifying.

"Amelia, slow down, if you cross the border we are dead." I hear a melodic voice, i don't even realize how far i've gone until i stare at the white line of chalk Titus ordered the guards to make, alerting me off the start/end of the pack grounds. "I know Ola, I'm not dumb," The other voice replies.

"Hello?" I call out the rustle of shoes against the leaves below pauses abruptly. "Shit, Ola, what do we do?" I hear one of them question, causing the other to stammer, "Erm, Erm," Suddenly a tall girl steps from the bushes, she wears a white cropped t-shirt and camo pants that she's rolled up at the bottom.

"Hi, I'm Ola, i'm a saleswoman." I cross my arms over my chest, i may be naive but i'm not dumb. "Uh huh, And what is a saleswoman doing in the middle of nowhere." I question, kissing my teeth as i raise my brows. "Fuck, since when were 10 year olds smart."

"Hey!" I exclaim as i stare at the tall girl who stands outside the border, "I'll have you know i'm 18 and unless you want me to call the beta you need to tell me what you're doing." I order as i stand at the very edge of the chalk, I'm in the 'danger zone' as Titus likes to call it, basically if i'm less then 5 meters away from the chalk i'm in danger.

"Okay, We surrender." The other girl emerges from the bush, a pair of black ripped jeans and a simple plain white T-shirt. "My names Amelia and this is my best friend Ola, our pack got raided, we were the only survivors, we don't want to cause trouble we're just walking by, we won't even cross the border just please don't alert your alpha."

"Titus, is away anyway, me alerting him won't do anything, also it wouldn't do me any good, all i would get is 'this is why you need people with you' and 'i told you to stay away from the border' bla bla bla." I mock causing them to laugh before a look of realization crosses their features.

"You're the Luna?" Ola speaks causing me to sigh as i sit on the dry ground beneath, "I guess, but not officially, i'm just his human mate." I say with a laugh, the girls sit too, crossing their legs. "Why haven't you like, called the beta to come murder us or whatever, isn't that what this packs known for?" Amelia questions causing me to smile.

"Not anymore." I say "Are you hungry?" The girls nod almost immediately. "Come with me, but like stay quiet and can you do that masking scent thingy that Titus told me about." The girls nod laughing before shaking their heads. "We can't come in, if we get found we will be killed."

"Not on my watch, you're my friends now, if Titus tries anything he will have to deal with me." I say with a cheeky smile, the girls look cautious before finally stepping over the white chalk line, we talk quietly before finally i spot home, "Good news, Titus is a private person so we have a separate home, Bad news He's surrounded it with guards, so i'm going to distract Lance and the rest of them, you can sneak in through the kitchen window, I forgot to shut it after i set fire to an egg." I finish, my face red causing the girls to giggle before i rush over.

"Look i'm back, and at the perfect time." I speak louder than usual "However, i do have a bit of a query if i could have all of your attention." All of them turn to face me as i stand facing the girls. "See these flowers?" I question looking. down at the bright yellow sunflowers, i watch the girls in the corner of my eye as they sneak towards the house, reaching the window i was talking about.

"I want to get more because they are so beautiful." I speak, fairly slow as i watch Amelia clumsily climb into the window, i restrain a loud laugh as i watch Ola push her through. "But, like how do you grow flowers, like i don't understand the process, anyway doesn't matter anymore, bye." I say as soon as i see Ola enter, i scurry into the house and quickly grab the girls from the kitchen and up the stairs. Pushing them into Mine and Titus' bedroom.

I finally breath as soon as i lock the door. "Holy shit, that was exciting and scary at the same time," Ola says causing me to breath out a laugh before a knock sounds at the door. "Luna? Are you okay?"

"Go away Lance, I'm sad, I'm missing Titus. Leave me alone." I say as i fake sob, 'quick thinking' Amelia mouths causing me to smile. "Oh, erm, Okay." I hear his retreating footsteps and finally lead the girls to the bed as we all sit together. "Have you girls found your mates yet?" I question before facepalming, if they have they said their whole pack got destroyed so they wouldn't be alive. Dumb Amity!

"No, i mean, we turned 19 a few months ago and still haven't found the men of our dreams yet." Amelia states with a laugh "But, Alpha Titus didn't find you until a month? Few weeks? I don't know, i lose track of time, but he's what? 26?"

"24. but close." I say with a laugh before the thought crosses my mind. Titus spent 6 years of his life looking for a mate, to no avail, that must've been horrible, to watch the pack you see everyday find each other and not have anyone yourself. "Anyway, ima go get us food."