thirty - nine

'we keep this love in a photograph'

"Amity?" I look up to see Titus enter the room, immediately i wipe the few tears as i plaster a smile on my face, causing him to sigh

"Amity?" I look up to see Titus enter the room, immediately i wipe the few tears as i plaster a smile on my face, causing him to sigh. "You can't fool me Tesoro," Titus states as he sits across from me, gently plucking the photo i held from my hand.

A sad smile reaches my face as i relive the memory.

"Charity," I scream as the ice cold snow his my stomach, a giggle escapes her causing me to smile as i pick up my own lump of snow, rolling it into a ball in my gloved hands, i throw it towards her, missing her slightly causing me to sigh, i never had been good at sports.

"Ha, you cant catch me." She teases with her hands on her hips and her tongue out, "Wanna bet," A laugh leaves her as i start chasing her around the small playground, "Ammy no." She squeals as i lift her off the ground turning her to face me. "Gotcha,"

"Tesoro, you don't have to pretend to be okay," Titus whispers, "You lost your sister, We don't expect you to be fine and dandy." I look down as i nod, "If you need me to cancel the ceremony i can, If you need more ti-."

"No, I need this," Titus sighs but nods all the same as he helps me to my feet. "I can't let it control me, I can't let it take over my life." I whisper as he leads me out the library. Titus stays silent but turns to face me.

"Don't hide how you feel. Not from me at least." He whispers as his hands cup my cheek, "We're partners, We aren't meant to keep things from each other, i've opened every part of me to you, and i'm hoping you've done the same, don't change that." I nod as i vow to myself never to hide something from him.

I love him and i don't want our relationship to be built with lies webbed in the blocks. "Ok," I whisper, holding out my pinky, he chuckles at me but still intertwines his pinky with mine causing my lips to tip up into a smile.

We continue down the hallway, hand in hand as he turns to face me with a sad smile. "I got you something." He says before taking me to the living room where a fairly large box sits, a small bow on top. "This better not be a puppy."

"Oh god no." Titus says with a laugh as i walk towards it, ripping the wrapping paper from it and pulling open the cardboard box that lays beneath, where i spot a care bear. A smile reaches my face as tears form in the corner of my eyes, the small bear is exactly how she described.

"Can i have a care bear?" Charity asks Titus, drawing my attention, "Cause that's what Ammy calls me so i searched it up and now i want one."

"Charity-," I go to say no but Titus cuts me off as he smiles down at her "Sure Princess, what do you want?" She puts her finger to her chin and smiles "I want it to be white and fluffy with a princess tiara and a pink pretty dress." Charity exclaims,

"Then a white fluffy princess care bear you shall have."

"Push its stomach," Titus says causing me to crease my brows in confusion as i do as he says. "So, I stole Grandma's phone cause i wanted to call Ammy, but i cant do here's this. I miss you and i love you and i can't wait to come home, Ive made lots of friends but no one is better than you also, i did my first braid, yay me, Anyway bye bye."

My hand clamps around my mouth at the sound of her voice, a sob escapes my throat, "How did you-?"

"I found the message before the funeral, I was planning on giving it to you earlier but it slipped my mind." He explains and i don't waste another second before jumping into his arms, "Thank you, Titus. You have no idea how much this means to me, I love it, and I love you." I say as i plant a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you more than anything, Amity, Before you, I had nothing apart from a Sad, Angry pack and a Sad, Angry wolf, you are my whole world, you brought light into my life and made my pack happy. I'm eternally grateful to you, I'm also eternally yours." I smile up at him, if he hadn't of been here, if he hadn't have supported me through this, i don't know if i would be here.

"Oh, I almost forgot, Mom has arranged the ceremony for Thursday as it's the closest full moon." Titus explains, his hands surrounding my upper arm. "It's sort of tradition at least in our pack, every Luna Ceremony has happened on a full moon, it supposedly brings luck for the consummation." I physically feel my skin tinge a dark red.

"Sorry. I was quoting my mother." Titus says with a small laugh, "But, I wanted to ask something of you. And i completely understand if you say no." I scrunch my brows in confusion as i nod, crossing my arms over my chest as i rush of cold hits me. "I don't want you going back to school."

"What?!"