nine

'I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure

'I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best'

 But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best'

It's five in the morning and i lay here, staring at the ceiling. I slept, yes, but not for long. I look to my left, watching as Charity sleeps soundly, her mouth open as kitten snores leave her.

A sigh escapes my lips as i push myself off the soft mattress, slowly beginning to tip toe out of the room, careful not to wake Charity. My steps stay light as i walk across the hallway, only pausing as i stand outside Titus' bedroom door.

My mind instantly goes to last night, Selene has told me to give him a chance, and somehow i feel obliged to listen. I don't know what urges me to do so, but i find myself pushing against the door handle, pushing it down as i lightly step into the room.

I see the giant who plagued my dreams as he lays under the covers on his bed, his feet hanging off the edge, urging me to giggle, however i resist. As if sending my presence, he groggily lifts his head, jumping into high alert when he sees me, "Tesoro?" he questions, sitting fully. The covers slip down revealing his shirtless chest causing a light blush to spread across my cheeks "What are you doing here?"

My breath catches in my throat, "I- I'm sorry. I just-It's stupid really, i shouldn't have come in. I-," He gives me a stern look, almost identical to the one i use when scolding Charity but he definitely looks more intimidating, "I couldn't get back to sleep and i found myself here. It's stupid, I'm stupid, I should-,"

"Tesoro, as much as you rambling is fucking adorable, it's early, so come lay down and sleep, because from experience, a tired woman is not a happy woman." Again, i don't know why, but i find myself taking careful steps towards him, i swear i see his eyes darken as they rake over my body but i pin that down to my tiredness.

I pull back the covers, blushing lightly at the sight of his naked torso as i climb in and lay next to him, I feel sparks cover every part of which our skin touches, his body immediately radiates an immense warmth as he pulls me into him. I can't help the endless amount of comfort and safety i feel when he wraps an arm around me as i curl up into a ball, close to his chest.