seventeen

'one look at you and the world around us disappears'

I come to learn that the girl that's supposed to follow me around basically is named Jessica

I come to learn that the girl that's supposed to follow me around basically is named Jessica. Her face remains in a cold stare, almost identical to the one Titus wears as he storms around the pack lands.

I repeatedly attempted to start conversation only to receive a "My duty is to make sure you don't run or die; not to be your friend," I sigh as i stare out the window, my hands grow clammy as we turn onto the road of my school, the bundles of teenagers gape at the expensive black range rover Titus insisted in having us use.

I spot Libby and Charity as they stand, leaning against the gate, looking around. "Stop the car," I tell the older man who drove us, following my order, he pulls into the side of the road, stopping the vehicle, I push open the door, ignoring Jessica's protests as i rush over to my best friend and sister.

"Oh my god," Libby whispers out as she wraps her arms around me, hitting my arm harshly, "I was fucking terrified, what's going on, and since when did 50 year old men drive you round in range rovers?" I sigh as i look down, taking Charity in my arms, "Is Titi okay?" Charity asks me.

"Titi is fine," I state, placing her back down as her eyes go behind me, "This is Jessica," I state as i turn to face the extremely terrifying girl, "Titus told her to watch over me." Libby stares at me, her brows furrowed, "It's hard to explain, long story short, Jacob tried to kill me, Titus saved my life and i stayed with him, Titus refused to let me go, I almost died again and now here we are," I say with a worried smile. I obviously leave out the part where they can transform into wolves, but hey, that's only a minor detail.

"I-," She seems to be at a loss for words, "Why haven't you left? Wait that's a stupid question, he basically kidnapped you, Look, we could take her, and we could run, i could get you away from here i have the mon-," Jessica grows tense as her eyes glaze over, as if she's prepared already,

"No," I cut Libby off, "Look Libby, I love you, but leave this to me." She sighs but knows better than to argue with me. As she follows me, while i walk Charity to class. "Does this mean i get to see Titi again?" She questions as we reach her classroom. I nod slightly, before ushering her inside with a sigh.

Jessica, as promised, stays behind me as i continue to walk to my first class, Libby trailing next to me as she informs me on the latest gossip seemingly forgetting our previous conversation, "Also, Prom is coming up lovely lady, you better be ready to shop till you drop and we need to find you a hot date." I roll my eyes slightly, however i've been saving up for it since childhood, I've always loved the idea of going to a fancy party with my best friends - friend.

"Look, whether you wanna believe it or not, you are one of the most gorgeous girls in school, you're bound to have a line of guys asking to be your date." I laugh slightly before i'm stopped abruptly by the gasp that leaves Libby's lips.

"You got a tattoo? Bitch, i've been trying for years and they never let me, you look 12 how did you pull that off i-," I stop listening as i drag her to class, how do i explain that, shoot this is harder than i thought it would be.

"Luna, Alpha Titus wishes to speak with you," Jessica says as Libby rants about how they always ID her at the tattoo parlor and she can't get a fake one that looks real enough, Jessica hands me a mobile phone which i momentarily lift to my ear.

"First. Tell your friend that you aren't going anywhere. Second. If anyone asks you to this...prom, reject them, tell me their names and i will take care of it from
there." My eyes widen slightly as my mind automatically comes up with the worst conclusion. "Tesoro, I'm not gonna kill them," He chuckles, I let the breath i was subconsciously holding in, go.

"Look, I have to get to class, I wasn't planning on accepting anything nor was i planning on running, trust me?" I say, staring at Libby who continues to rant. "Of course i do, I just don't trust anyone around you,"

"Awww is the big scary man worried?" I tease playfully. Libby only just notices the fact that no one is listening and tuned into my conversation. "You know I am." He says, as serious as ever, "If anything happened to you everything would go to shit. My pack would lose its Luna, and most likely it's Alpha too, and i wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of it."

I'm rendered speechless by his words. "I-," I try to speak but cut myself short, not knowing the correct words to say, I already know my face has heated in a substantial amount. "I, have to go." I whisper, flustered.

"Alright Tesoro. I will see you later." He says with a chuckle, darn you mark, showing him my emotions. "Goodbye," I whisper before ending the call and handing Jessica back her phone. "Ooh, Babes you're as red as a tomato right now, so spill."

"I can't, but i can tell you that i will decline each and every prom date offer i get." She groans before going off into another rant, this time explaining the importance of a date at prom. Only finishing when we reach our Physics room.

And here we go again...