twenty - six

'he'll never love you like i can

'he'll never love you like i can.'

I quickly move my eyes from the burning vehicle before us, pieces of the metal range rover everywhere, glass spreads across the floor making it dangerous for anything to be around

I quickly move my eyes from the burning vehicle before us, pieces of the metal range rover everywhere, glass spreads across the floor making it dangerous for anything to be around. I fall next to Amity who lays on the ground holding her leg in pain. "Tesoro?" I question, the smell of blooding filling my nose, Charity sits by hair, stroking her sister's hair with tears down her cheeks and small cuts on her arm and legs.

"Fuck," the word escapes my lips almost as a breath as Amity removes her hand, a large cut runs down the side of her thigh, i can't tell how deep it is, all i know is it's bleeding, a lot.

Lilia, i need your help, i'm at the diner on the outskirts of the pack land, your Luna is injured.

I mind link quickly as i comfort her, small sobs escape her lips as she clutches her thigh. My eyes fall onto the large piece of metal that lays next to her, blood on its sharp tip. I see people scurrying out of the diner as they see the scene in front of the small place. "Oh my god, Amity." I hear Libby's scream, i watch Quincey as he holds her close to him, stopping her from coming close.

"Charity, come here." I whisper as i stroke Amity's head. "Lilia is on her way, don't worry." She nods her teeth grounding together in an attempt to relieve, or deal with the pain. Finally, after what feels like hours, I watch Lilia emerge from a large black van, a group of other pack doctors with her.

I lift her carefully, leading my mate to the large vehicle, Charity follows behind, sniffling quietly. I pass her up to Lilia, ignoring the crowd behind me as they explain they called the hospital, and that i shouldn't move her, they don't know what the fuck they're talking about anyway. I place Charity in my arms as we too enter the large van.

"She's going to be okay, Look it's only a little scratch." Charity nods as she places her head on my chest the ride home is almost torturous as i watch them clean her up, her screams of pain as they apply the rubbing alcohol to her wound drive both me and my wolf insane, but soon enough we sit outside a room in the pack hospital as they bandage up the non lethal wound. They checked on Charity, giving her a few plasters for the small scratches she has, they had to pull a small piece of glass from her finger, almost like a splinter but she's fine, just sad about Amity.

"She's fine, it was painful, and it was fairly deep but we've managed to stitch her up, she should be able to remove them in the next 10-14 days but during that period she needs to keep the exercise to a minimum otherwise she could possibly open the stitches. She can walk for a while as long as she takes lengthy breaks, but no swimming, no running, no sports at all and no sex," i internally laugh, that's not gonna be a problem. "Also shes not allowed to get the wound wet for 48 hours and even after that showers only, it makes the wound less likely to get infected. We've also bandaged it up for some extra protection."

"Thank you, Lilia," She smiles at me as i walk into the room, my eyes find Amity who sits up, analyzing her bandaged leg. "Ammy," Charity squeals jumping onto the bed and hugging her. "Hey," I smile at my mate as i kiss her forehead lightly "Who did this, Titus?" Is the first thing she asks.

I sigh, it's something that has plagued my mind, if we had entered that car the girls would be dead, and i would be in critical condition. The car fucking exploded in front of us. I shake my head "I have a few ideas but nothing i'm 100% sure about." I respond "But i promise you, no one will harm you or Charity."

She nods unsurely before peeking up once more "Can we go home now?" I smile at the word, home. She called it home and as little as that is, it means so much. "Yea, let's go home."

I sigh as i finally sit on the couch, my thigh burning

I sigh as i finally sit on the couch, my thigh burning. The possibilities of who could've wanted to harm us is most likely lengthy, according to Titus, if you take out me, you break everything, Titus wouldn't cope, meaning the pack would fall and he would be easy to get rid of.

My phone blares catching my attention, I quickly pick the mobile up and lift it to my ear "Omg are you okay? I saw what happened and Titus left before the fucking ambulance arrived, drove off with you in a dodgy van," A giggle escapes my lips.

"I'm fine, he took me to a...private doctor. I got stitches and pain meds but other than that i'm fine, it was just a cut." She breaths out in exaggeration "Thank god." She sighs over the phone, I look up to see Titus, a solemn expression covering his face. "Look, Libby, I need to go, can i call you later." She hums in agreement as we say our goodbyes. Titus comes and kneels in front of me as soon as i end the call. "Charity's gone to get changed, Look, I know this shitty timing but I need to leave for a few days, there's a meeting i need to go to, one that could ensure your safety and it was originally gonna be later but with what happened, i'm not wasting anymore time. The house will be guarded 24/7 and you will be 100% safe, i just need you to promise me to stay with someone at all times." I nod in agreement as i kiss his forehead.

"I'll be fine. Just please don't have people breathing down my neck. I still need my space." He nods "Also, is there anyway Charity could stay with your parents, Something tells me the explosion wasn't meant for her." Titus sighs and nods, "Of course, It also gives my parents some time with their Granddaughter."

"But she's not my daughter, how-,"

"I know that but she might as well be, from what i know you are the only mother figure she's ever had you care for her like a mother cares for her child, also, to them she's the first grandchild they have." He mentions, and i guess he has a point.

He lightly kisses me, before just gazing. "Why don't you get changed into some comfier clothes then we can watch a movie before we go to sleep." I nod before kissing him once more and heading back upstairs, I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow.