eleven

"I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone

"I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."

He bit me

He bit me. I was so confused, hurt, but then in the morning the logical side of me kicked. Why? What purpose does biting me have? Which is how i landed where i am now, The library. I flick through yet another one of the historical werewolf books that he owns dozens of.

"Fudge," I shout as i slam it closed with a frustrated scream. "Luna?" I hear Lances voice, if i can't find anything, he's the one i need to see, he's a werewolf. "Lance, I need to ask yo-," I run up to him as i speak but he stops me short as he moves my neck to the side, looking down at the bite mark.

"He marked you? You let him Mark you?" He questions as he runs his hand over it causing my body to go rigid, almost as if it was rejecting his touch. "Sorry, That probably feels horrible, Marks only respond well when your mate touches it."

"I didn't let him do anything, we were arguing again, then he bit me, and told me i couldn't leave him, and now all i can think about is him, and i feel this need to be near him and it's killing me." I rant as i run a hand through my curls and pace. Lance grabs my shoulder turning me towards him, "He forced his claim on you."

"I don't understand, what you're saying? What did he do to me?" I shout, overwhelmed. He pulls me over to the chairs and sits me down as he sits across me. "When Mates meet each other, the connection is almost instant, usually they mark each other within a week. Marking is step one of the mating process, it makes the bond between the two stronger, allows you to feel your mates emotions and sense their danger. Marks are unremovable, they basically tie the souls together. It's a way for Male wolves to also make their claim. If you choose not to reject her and end up marking her, it wards off unmated males."

"I didn't want this though." Lance nods pitifully. "I know i'm making excuses for him, but Alpha is a very stubborn man, and you are a very stubborn woman, you're already making him appear weak and he can't have that, not only does it bruise his ego, it also places a target on his back."

"If i'm meant to 'rule beside him' i will not stand by and watch him murder innocent people." I shout back "That is not something i stand by, I help people, not kill them." Lance smirks as he looks at the floor, "That's what makes you a good Luna, look Alpha is hard to please, but you're his weakness, if you're so adamant about changing these rules you need to use that, show him-,"