forty

I would die, everyday, waiting for you

"What?!" I screech. "I swear to god Titus, I am not gonna be a housewife with no education, this isn't the middle ages." Titus sighs as he shakes his head, "That's not what i want but i don't feel comfortable knowing i can't see you for what, 7 hours? Especially with what just happened. You have a fucking target on your back, Amity, that pristine school work is gonna do shit if you're dead."

A shaky breath leaves my lips "My mother. She met my dad young, she stopped her education when she got pregnant with me, there is no way in hell, i am ending up like her. I'm not gonna be dependent on you, or any man for that matter." Titus runs a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Then do it online, I don't give a shit, Amity, but i am not gonna let you endanger yourself for something you won't need, I don't see you finding a job anytime soon, We have all the money we need and your job is to run this pack with me, you don't need a college education for that." Titus argues causing me to glare at the ground beneath me.

"I'm not a trophy wife, Titus. I'm not gonna live my life sitting still and looking pretty," He goes to interrupt but i cut him off. "Running the pack with you? You mean clinging to your arm while you make all the heavy decisions, bearing you children so your family line can go on, being a pretty face for your people to look at, that's all we do, us 'Lunas' we are there to mother the pack, and care for our stupid mates." Titus is at a loss for words leaving me to continue. "Not me, No matter what you do, I am not letting you confine me like a doll." I spit as i stare up at him. He says nothing as he stares at the floor with his jaw clenched and his hands in a fist. A bitter laugh escapes my lips as i go to leave, only to find my arm surrounded by his freakishly large hand.

"That's not what i want for us, Yes, A luna's job is to nurture her pack, but they do so much more than that, you need to be there for the big decisions, you always have a say, a lot of the time it's worth more than mine. You are the packs spirit, you're there to keep their hopes high, and to keep me grounded, and let's be honest, Amity, you can't cook for shit and you leave a mess everywhere you go, I'm more of a housewife than you are." A small laugh escapes me, he has a point.

"I don't want to be incompetent, Titus. I don't want to have no purpose." I pull my lip between my teeth, "I'll do the online school, okay? Just let me have something to fall back on i case anything happens to you, and before you say anything, It's just reassurance. I didn't think I would see my sister die in front of me but here we are, If something happens to you, I need a cushion." Titus sighs but still nods.

"And, as much as you hate having people tail you, Every time you leave this house, Lance and Darius have to be with you or us, I will try and be with you aswell but i can't promise anything." I groan but agree, i need this, i need this freedom, i can't be cooped up in here like a chicken. Pun intended.

"Can we please just spend the rest of the night being a lovey dovey couple and watch all your weird ass romance movies, no arguments, no alpha business, just me," His hands fall down to my hips, "you," he pulls me into him, "and the tv." His head falls down to the crook of my neck and i have to restrain the horrific sound that almost escaped me.

His lips lightly touch my skin as he inches closer to my shoulder before returning to my mark, i feel him lightly nip at my skin and i can feel the smirk that covers his features. "Movie, Titus." I whisper causing him to sigh as he leans his head against my shoulder.

"Come on then."