thirteen

'you are the moon, the stars and everything in between'

Nothing. No knock. No plea. No beg for forgiveness. I sigh, I gave him a chance and he blew it. I gently shake Charity causing her to wake with a deep sigh. I managed to pick out an overly revealing black one piece, a belt and black combat boots that almost make me feel like a spy. I also found a pair of black leggings and a black shirt for Charity.

Whatever we do, we can't be seen.

"Care bear. I need you to change into this. We are going to go see Libby." She smiles brightly as she eagerly changes into the all black outfit, almost as if she wasn't asleep just seconds before. My long blonde curls are tied into a pony tail, occasionally brushing against my back as i peer outside the bedroom door.

I turn to face my sister who stands there pulling the black trainers onto her feet. "Charity. We need to be very quiet okay. We are gonna play a game of tag on the way there, we don't want all the people who are 'it' to catch us do we?" She shakes her head before placing a finger to her lips "shhhh," she whispers before taking my hand.

Carefully i step down the staircase holding Charitys hand tightly as i navigate through the pitch black. My nerves are sky rocketing as we stand in front of Titus' bedroom. One wrong move and he will wake and capture us.

Thankfully i manage to get through the house, avoiding any loud noises. I carefully pull open the door almost screaming as i see two 'guards' sat, both asleep. Carefully i pick Charity up, placing her on my hips before tip toeing out. I freeze as one of them sucks in a deep breath before returning to his peaceful slumber.

As soon as we reach the grass, I place her down and run. When Lance took me out, I saw the small diner, now i just need to remember how i got there. The moon shines down upon us as i navigate through the trees occasionally looking back to make sure we aren't being followed. Before i see the light of the pack house, a building i forgot to ask to explore.

A smile reaches my face as i spot the diner in the distance, and i can't help but feel the familiarity of the spot i'm looking from. I ignore my weird feeling as i rush across the empty road, Spotting Libby in the window of one of the booths.

"Libby oh my god." I whisper as i pull her into my arms. Crying softly "Where have you been, I was so worried." She whispers as she holds us close "You haven't been to school in what, a week? Did something happen, did-," i know she continues speaking but i'm suddenly distracted by a feeling in the pit of my stomach, stress? worry? anger? Snickerdoodles.

"Look Libby, I don't have time to explain, I promise i will next time i see you, Charity behave, I will be back soon." I say kissing her head gently before i rush out of the diner. Almost stopping short at the memory, The man on the other side of the road, the dead body next to him - Titus.

'Amity, i'm coming to find you, everyone's on high alert,'

I hear his voice as i navigate back through the forest, spotting my destination, I rush inside the prison, ignoring the potent smell as i round the desk, pushing buttons left right and center. I hear doors open from every direction and members of his pack rushing out, their confusement etched on their faces.

"Stop." I look up so fast i'm surprised i don't get whiplash as i come face to face with Lance, his mouth opens in shock before closing again, "Lu-Luna." He whispers before i watch his eyes glaze over momentarily. I stand still as i stare at him, guards round up prisoners placing them back in their cells.

"What is the punishment for releasing prisoners, Lance?" I question as i stare at him. He seems to be at a loss for words as he looks down at the ground "Death," He whispers with a gulp, i take a deep breath as i hold out my two wrists, "Wel then arrest me."

"He will do no such thing." I hear Titus' voice as he storms through the door. I shake my head with a bitter laugh, "Pack rules apply to everyone. I've committed an offense, I deserve the punishment. Unless you want to seem weak, Like you're playing favorites."

He looks utterly torn as he stares at me, momentarily distracted as his eyes take my body before he looks in the opposite direction, his jaw clenched and his hands curled into a tight fist. "Luna Amity you are under arrest for the releasing of twelve prisoners, you shall be escorted to your cell before you are locked away and starved." His face grows cold but his eyes show the pain.

I feel my arms tightly pulled behind my back causing me to yelp, "Careful-," Titus starts before trailing off and looking at the ground solemnly he follows behind the guard as i'm led to my cell. A large metal handcuff is placed around my wrist, with a chain bounding me to the wall.

"I'm sorry for whatever i've done, Please forgive me and let me release you." Titus says once everyone has left us. I laugh bitterly as i face him, "You really don't see why i've done this so you?" the look on his face says it all "I'm not going to let you set me free until you have done what i want, that is if i don't die before that happens."

"What do i have to do?" He pleads causing me to roll my eyes as i look away from him, refusing to meet his gaze. I ignore him as he speaks before he places a sorry kiss on my cheek and leaves, i'm not telling him what i've told him before. I just hope my plan works.

I stare in disbelief, I had hope for them and now she's locked away under his command, I too hope he gets his act together and sets her free before she loses her life

I stare in disbelief, I had hope for them and now she's locked away under his command, I too hope he gets his act together and sets her free before she loses her life. "I don't know what to do," I whisper as i shrink in my mates arms. "You've done all you can, It's up to them to sort it out."

"He's making everything worse. He forced his claim and now she could possibly die at his hand, he really is a monster." I whisper as tears leave my eyes, he's gone past the point of saving

"A monster with so much love for his mate he will die before she does," My mate speaks as he leads me over him, I watch the once strong Alpha as he holds his head in his hands tears streaming down his cheeks for the first time since he was a pup. "A monster who is seriously contemplating giving up the one thing he values for her." My mate speaks again as the Alpha paces around the room.

"A monster that is finally showing emotion after all these years. You may think he's gone past the point of no return, but personally, i believe she's already saved him in ways we could never." I nod against his chest as i stare down at the Alpha praying my mate is right.

I changed Titus' age from 22 to 24 so if something doesn't add up that's why, any way, hope y'all are enjoying this book ;)