twenty - one

'i love you for you, not for who you pretend to be'

I stare down at the small beauty in my arms, the moon shines down at us from the open window as small kitten snores escape her lips

I stare down at the small beauty in my arms, the moon shines down at us from the open window as small kitten snores escape her lips. A smile graces my face as she burys herself deeper into my chest.

I know she has had a hard life, and i also know she didn't tell me everything, and i don't expect her to. I know what it's like to have a past you want to hide. My hold tightens on her as my thoughts switch to the threat i know is heading in our direction.

Ever since she came here, the rogue sightings have decreased, however, they are getting farther into the pack land. Almost as if they know where to go, and while i don't believe that someone hear is a traitor, i don't know what to expect.

I stare down at her, at my mate. Honestly, I fear for her, I fear that one day, I won't be there to protect her, and she will be taken from me. While she is strong minded, she's fragile, the simplest thing can send her into floods of tears or result in her storming off with a red face, and those emotions make it dangerous for her.

Mate like us

My wolf whispers causing me to nod, She certainly likes me more than she did a week ago. A small moan leaves her lips as she shifts her position, facing away from me, her small hand goes to mine, holding it tightly as i pull her closer to me.

I think back to earlier, When i walked back in, i didn't expect to see her in what i would call basically nothing. I froze, I stood there not knowing what do with my mixed emotions, i didn't know whether to tell her to cover up incase people come round, tell her she's beautiful, or take her to our room. Our room. It feels good to finally call it that.

Obviously she caught me staring. So i decided on the simple 'beautiful line' however her answer caught me off guard, i thought she knew how stunning she was with her mismatched eyes and button nose. I wanted to protest, I wanted to tell her that she was the most gorgeous thing i ever laid eyes on but the fucking timer went off, and i would rather not burn the house down.

"You're so fucking beautiful, you know that." I whisper as place my head against her shoulder, "Damn i wish you knew how i saw you. I wish you knew what you did to me," I lightly kiss her mark, i feel her shudder against me causing me to smile as i close my eyes, and relax, my mate in my arms.