twenty - nine

'i love you dangerously'

"Titus," I whisper carefully as his posture goes tense and he carefully steps towards the Living Room

"Titus," I whisper carefully as his posture goes tense and he carefully steps towards the Living Room. Quickly I rush forward and stand in front of the doorway. "Amity?" Titus questions, his voice demanding and degrading as he speaks to me almost as if i'm a piece of gum on his shoe, a minor inconvenience.

"Titus, before you enter this room, I need you to calm down." Instead of listening to me he pushes the door open, facing Ola and Amelia whose faces are white as paper fear written across their faces. Immediately Lance and Darius restrain them while Titus turns to me. "What the fuck were you thinking? Huh? Letting two rogues in, both of which could kill you in a split second, letting them endanger my pack, our pack!" He screams, his voice filling the room, our fury laced into his tone. My eyes find the girls before turning back to him.

"They're good people, don't you think that if they wanted me dead they would done so by now, they've stayed in this house with me for days and i'm still here so get rid of that attitude and trust me for once." I shout back, my arms crossed against my chest.

"Amity, I thought i could leave you here, i thought i could relieve you of the feeling of having someone watch over you 24/7, i gave you my trust and you completely betrayed it by letting potentially dangerous people into our pack, into our home." His voice has lowered from his scream but the anger still fills his tone.

"If i thought they were dangerous i would've never brought them in, it just so happens that they are the first friends i've made since you so kindly took me and forced me into this world so for once in your god dammed life can you please not judge someone's character because of their background." I step away from him and towards the Beta and his mate.

"Lance let them go." His eyes fall upon Titus for confirmation, "Lance let them go or i swear to god." I watch him and Darius release the girls from their grip. "Go upstairs." I tell them causing them to nod, the guards empty the house as do Lance and Darius, leaving us alone.

"I may judge people's characters on their background but that's the way things like this work, If they're rogues they cannot be trusted, simple as. You've broken my trust, Amity," I go to speak but Titus stands from his seated position on the couch cutting me short "I trusted you, for the first time in my fucking life i trusted someone and you broke it." He screams at me, shaking me to the core.

"Titus, I'm sorry, but i couldn't just leave them out there, they made me feel like i belonged here Titus, like i belonged in this world of yours, can you blame me for letting someone like that in?" Titus sighs as tears roll down my face. "Its Thursday tomorrow, you have school so you should probably go get ready to go to bed. I will leave your dinner on the table." Titus speaks causing tears to rush down my face.

"Titus wait," I sob out, my hands reaching up to cup his cheeks only to get pulled off as if the very touch burned them like fire. I watch his retreating figure as he leaves before rushing up the stairs, I pass the girls who stand at the top and just enter our room, locking the door behind me.

I attempt to wipe my tears as i grab the sweater of his ive worn every night and a pair of shorts before heading into the bathroom and cleaning my teeth, doing my hair and washing my face. I step outside with tears still covering my cheeks as i spot the girls immediately. "Come down for dinner." I say with a sad smile as i lead them downstairs.

I step into the kitchen just as Titus is placing the spaghetti on a plate, i suck in a breath, alerting him of our presence, his hard gaze softens when it lands on me before forming back into his rock hard glare when he catches sight of the girls behind me. "They can serve their own." He states placing my plate down on the island and storming out the room.

"I'm sorry, he'll warm up to you guys." I promise as i walk over to the small pan of spaghetti, i plate up two spaghettis and drizzle some bolognese over it before handing it to my friends "I'm sorry we caused all this drama between the two of you." Amelia apologizes, talk a bite of the food i placed in front of her "Holy shit, this is fucking amazing." I smile at her as she digs in, as does Ola whereas i move the large strings of pasta around the plate, my appetite suddenly having disappeared.

I make mild conversation with the girls before taking their empty plates along with my full one and placing it on the side. "You guys can have these rooms, We have plenty so wherever sleeping will be good enough, just sleep well." I smile at them before heading towards mine and Titus' room to grab a hairbrush considering in the half an hour it took me to eat, my hair was completely falling out.

I sigh as i run the brush through my hair, placing it in a tight braid before walking towards the door of the room. "Where are you going?" I hear Titus ask from his spot on the bed. "To find somewhere to sleep." I respond simply only to get completely shocked when i spot Titus once more in front of me this time. "As pissed off as I am with you, I can't go another night without having you next to me." He speaks reluctantly.

I feel him lead me to the bed before we get in, pulling the covers over us, I watch him switch off the lamp as his heavy arm drapes around my waist and his head goes into the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry, Titus," I whisper sleepily. "I love you."