sixteen

'i love you, just a touch, just a little bit'

It's warm. Very warm. It takes me a second to figure out where i am, but when the clouded events of last night come back to me i remember Titus carrying me back here, though i don't remember much after that.

I go to lift myself but i'm stopped short by the weight on my waist, I peel my lids open, adjusting to the harsh light as i turn to see him, his regular scowl replaced with calm expression, i turn in his arms, facing him fully as i observe him, he agreed, and while i may be delusional for accepting it, for completely disregarding the fact that it took me almost dying to achieve it, i know how people view him is important to him.

However he willingly appeared 'weak' and agreed to my terms, he put down his ego for most likely the first time in his life and thought about someone else, me. I lightly trace the outline of his jaw, sucking in a deep breath at the faint reminder of last night, before my eyes trail lower.

I stare at one of the many tattoos that litter his skin, words in another language written just above his collar bone, my fingers lightly trace the letters before my hand is engulfed in a larger one, I look up slightly meeting his tired gaze. "How are you?" He asks and holy snickerdoodles i never thought a 'morning voice' could be so attractive.

"I'm a bit sore, but other than that, i'm pretty okay," I whisper as i stare at our hands that lay on his chest, still feeling the rational side of me mentally scolding myself for being in his arms when i nearly died at his hands. "I want to go back to school," I say, sitting from his hold.

"I've said you can it's just a matter of when,"

"Today," I say as soon as he's done talking, he looks shocked for a moment as he stares at me before shaking his head "You just went two nights completely frozen and you're covered in cuts and scratched and now you want to go back to school." He pauses "Absolutely not,"

"Titus, I'm fine. Please, I feel so alone here, I have Lance and that's about it and before you say that i have you, that hasn't really been the case so far." I say pushing my point. "Look, as i said, i'm just a little sore and i might have a bit of a cold, i can go to school."

He grunts before sighing "I'm assigning you a guard is we want to put it that way, someone your age to be by your side, if you stick by them no matter what, you can return to school today, but the second you feel like it's getting to much you tell them and i will come and get you, and if you don't tell them and they notice somethings up and link me, i will come get you and i will watch you until you're perfectly fine again, understood?" He speaks in a no argument tone and while i'm not pleased that i'm going to have a watch dog, i guess it's something i can live with.

A smile graces my face as i lean forward placing my arms around his neck "Thank you," I say in a quiet, squeal like whisper. I feel him fall back pulling me down with him as i lift my head from his shoulder, a blush reaches across my face as i basically straddle him before i quickly get off and rush out the room to get ready.

I'm not normally an early riser so i thank god when i pass the large clock and it reads 6:12 am. I've never been more excited to go to school. I rush into the bathroom, turning on the shower and stepping in. What am i going to say to Libby? How do i explain this without her thinking i'm going insane?

My mind is everywhere as i wash myself before stepping out, my eyes catch my mark in the fogged up mirror and i almost gasp at the sight of almost a tattoo. I wipe away the condensation that blocks my view and stare at the small rose on the base of my neck.

I walk out of the bathroom in shock, almost screeching when i spot Titus sitting on my bed. "I-, What are you doing here?" I question as he watches me, frozen in my space. I take a deep breathe before quickly stepping into the closet, pulling out a dark pink cropped sweater and a pair of plaid high waisted jeans with white sneakers.

"I felt you're heart rate speed up, i wanted to see if you were ok," I hear his voice though it's hard to recognize as it sounds raspy, as if he hadn't breathed in a moment

"I felt you're heart rate speed up, i wanted to see if you were ok," I hear his voice though it's hard to recognize as it sounds raspy, as if he hadn't breathed in a moment. "Well I was looking at the mark, The bite isn't there, it's just a rose." At this the door bursts open and i thank god that i was dressed, i scream as the door slams against the wall giving me a fright but Titus doesn't seem to notice as he moves my head slightly staring at the tattoo. A wide grin spread across his face.

"Your body accepted my mark," He whispers as if i understand what he's saying, i give him a look to which he quickly catches on. "It happens more so in forced claims where the body will reject the mark and as a result the mark will just stay as it is, even after you've accepted your mate, it means that i have a chance to make it up to you." He says as he leans down admiring it once more.

A smile presents itself on my face as i watch his grin, he looks like Charity on Christmas. "Titus, i need to finish getting ready," He nods before placing a light kiss on my mark and leaving. A shudder racks through my body as the crook of my neck tingles violently, it's weird what an effect a simple touch can have in me.

I sit in front of my beauty table applying my light makeup before grabbing a small bag and rushing down the stairs. I spot Titus in the kitchen as he makes something, placing it on a plate as i walk in. "Sit," He commands lightly to which i obey, he walks over placing something in front of me but once again i'm distracted by the ink littering his skin. "I want a tattoo," I say as i look down, smiling slightly at the heart pancake in front of me.

One look on his face tells me Titus doesn't like that idea but he doesn't say anything instead he asks "What would you get?" I sigh, i hadn't thought that far ahead, i look down at my pancake, gently cutting a piece, once again i almost moan as the flavor explodes on my tastebuds. "You're an excellent cook," I state as his question still rattled my brain.

He places his hands on both my shoulders gently rubbing them, easing the slight pain they hold from being upright for the past 2 days. "Only for you Tesoro," He says kissing my head lightly. "I would get a stack of dollar bills on the inside of my finger," I state as it comes to mind.

Titus gives me an odd look causing me to laugh, "Not because i value money you dingus, because when i think of charity i think of giving money, so it's a constant reminder of Charity on my body." I explain, finishing off the last bite of the food.

"I will think about it, now go." I roll my eyes at him before allowing him to kiss my head softly, "Also, the girl i paired you with is in the car, if you have any problems let me know." I nod as i practically skip out of the door. Step one, done. Now i get a break before Step two, Libby's wrath. God have mercy on me.