thirty - four

'light up the dark, light up the sea, you and the heart, inside of me'

I place a light kiss on her revealed shoulder where my shirt has fallen as she cuddles into me "The motherfuckers," Ola sneers as she leans into the couch

I place a light kiss on her revealed shoulder where my shirt has fallen as she cuddles into me "The motherfuckers," Ola sneers as she leans into the couch. Amity sighs playing with my hair, i've come to find she hates it being gelled back and neat, she prefers the floppy mess.

"If i could do something, I would," Amelia pipes in, i'm sure Amity can feel how tense i am, i'm in a room with two rogues and my mate, no matter how long they stay i'm never going to fully trust them. Ola turns and says something to Amelia and Amity too joins in as they talk about some shitty romance movie.

"You don't have to be so tense you know," I hear her whisper as her friends argue, I laugh bitterly as i stare at the rogues, before looking back at her, analyzing her to a certain extant, just admiring her beauty, her eyes are truly magnificent, i know she's still self conscious about them, but they just add to her unique beauty.

"My whole life, i've been taught to be cautious of the outside, my whole life i've seen these vile creatures yet i'm currently allowing them to sit in my living room, with my mate to add, can you see why i'm tense?" She sighs but nods nonetheless,

"I've not been raised like you, in this world, i guess it never clicked how dangerous these people are to you." I nod and kiss her head lightly, "It's why i was so worried when you brought them in, you're my mate if anything were to happen to you, i would die." I say, my tone laced to the brim with seriousness, it's the truth. If you wanna consider her my lifeline of sorts then so be it.

I gently kiss her full lips, before staring down at her with a love stricken smile. "I love you."

"I swear, Libby is the hardest person to shop with like ever

"I swear, Libby is the hardest person to shop with like ever." I say to Titus with a sigh as we exit the vehicle and head towards the large mall, because of my lack of preparation, we are choosing the day before to find a decent dress. Last night consisted of us just talking before we headed to bed, and once again i had Titus clinging to me tightly the entire night.

"I can tell, The girl is ruthless." He comments causing me to giggle as Ola and Amelia catch up behind us. Titus interlocks my hand with his and hands me the card i returned to him. Shoot, he remembered.

"Titus," I trail off as i look up at him, but one pointed stare and i'm taking the card from his hand with a sigh, I take my hand from his, crossing it over my chest as i huff. Causing Titus to laugh. "Accept defeat babygirl." I look up at him at the nickname, no Tes... i'm not even gonna try.

"I took the card, that's enough winning for you." He laughs taking my hand once more as i begin to chat with the girls, our conversations repeatedly switching from one topic to the other, I spot Libby from a mile away, her neon green cropped shirt and black high waisted jeans making her stand out.

"Ew, you brought the boyfriend." Libby rolls her eyes plucking me from his grasp, "You know what, he can hold the bags." She shrugs before leading us girls away.

Not even 5 minutes and she's already stolen you

I told you

I'm getting the hang of this Linking thing. "So while you guys were taking way to long, i managed to find the best stores for the type of dresses we're looking for, aka prom and a cute fancy dress for this thing Amity's going to." She states as she leads us into a store that looks very expensive.

I stare at the dresses that stand on the mannequins in awe, I know Ola and Amelia are just here for extra opinions but i can't help but feel bad, i know due to their situation they are much like me, no money, struggling to live say to day let alone buy fancy things like this, well that's how i was, now i have Titus who insists on buying stuff for me and i'm sure it will be the same when they find their mates.

I walk around the store in slow strides, Titus presence very known as he follows close behind me. My fingers run across the silky materials occasionally picking them off the rack and admiring them slightly, Titus taking each one from my hands for me to try on, i also catch him picking a few of his own.

"Now that's a collection," I hear Ola comment as she walks up to me, I turn to face Titus whose lips tip up into a sheepish smile as he holds around 15 dresses, i breathe out a laugh as i shake my head, "Pretty much all of those were picked by him,"

Ola laughs as we head towards the changing room, "No, you need to stay out here." I say placing my hand on Titus' chest as he goes to follow me into the small changing cubicle. "But-," I cut him off with a shake of my head and laugh as i head in, making sure to lock the door behind me. "Sir, you cant be back here," I hear a female lead him away causing me to giggle as i change into the first dress.

It's all white, sinching in at the waist and obviously one of Titus' choices, a deep slit heads up my thigh and honestly i kind of feel like i'm going to a fancy halloween party, I step outside, spotting the girls laughing at my mate as he slouches grumpily. His face lifts to face me and i don't miss the way his eyes darken.

Libby comes out from the changing room next to me and takes one look at me before shaking her head. "It's cute and it looks amazing on you, but it's not you." She says, i however adore the olive dress she has on, and immediately tell her to buy it before heading back into the room.

I pull on a pastel yellow dress, this one has a bit of a deeper neckline and a blue bow around the waist where it ruffles out. I feel like a birthday cake. "Happy birthday to you." I do as i come out before laughing, definitely a no.

We continue the process, every one i like the girls don't and i swear i heard Libby saying something about getting me 'laid' but i started tuning her out. I look at myself in the mirror of the small changing room, patting the gorgeous mermaid dress down.

The dress is tight with quite a low neckline and spaghetti straps however it has this elegant vibe to it and i can't help but fall in love with the dress, despite the scandalous neck. "I love this one." I say with a smile, the girls all smile as i give them a twirl whereas Titus just stares, his hands resting on his lap as his eyes take all over me.

"That's perfect." Libby squeals, I smile at her before glancing back at Titus and heading into the changing rooms, it's barely a second of arriving that i feel myself pulled back and a pair of lips crash into mine, the recognizable tingles calming me from my previous state of worry.

My fingers get entangled in his hair as his arms wrap tightly around my waist. "You look fucking perfect." He whispers as he stares at me, a light blush coats my cheeks but our moment is quickly interrupted by the same woman as before.

"Sir, i'm going to have to ask you to leave." Titus rolls his eyes as he groans, "I'm leaving," he says raising his hands in defense. A small giggle leaves my lips as i watch the older woman push the 6 foot 5 man out of the store. Oh how i love him.